Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2010, 09:42:12 AM
i am hardly absolving him for anything.

But seriously, you all sit here and crucify him more than Reid and its craziness.

Actions speak louder than words. He is going out and getting an ace pitcher to replace the one he ridiculously traded away for a bag of empty toilet paper rolls.

him going and getting oswalt obviously makes the current team better but it also makes the lee trade that much more infuriatingly worse

and while its a pretty ludicrous comparison on numerous levels if you must do it.....reid is def better than amaro
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

while i do rip amaro for the lee trade i still put a good amount of the blame on ownership.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Rumor floating around it's Oswalt for Worley, Rizotti, and Happ with Houston picking up 1/3 of Oswalts deal. If that's true Amaro deserves some credit and I'd lessen my anger stance (a tiny bit) on the Lee trade.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on July 29, 2010, 10:00:21 AM
Rumor floating around it's Oswalt for Worley, Rizotti, and Happ with Houston picking up 1/3 of Oswalts deal. If that's true Amaro deserves some credit and I'd lessen my anger stance (a tiny bit) on the Lee trade.

I heard there were 4 "young arms" going back to Houston, including Happ and Worley.

Yours would be a very good deal by Amaro.

smeags

maybe myers will mentor the young guns the astros get in return.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They'll be beating their girlfriends in no time.

smeags

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 29, 2010, 10:12:49 AM
They'll be beating their girlfriends in no time.

One can only hope

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, if they trade for Oswalt, can they sign Lee in the offseason and trade Oswalt for a few fringe prospects?

SD

10:17am: The identities of the other two players going to the Astros remain unknown, but ESPN's Jayson Stark says they've pushed hard for minor league first baseman Jonathan Singleton. Stark has an unconfirmed rumor that the Astros offered to pay $12MM to the Phillies in the deal.

Rome

The Lee talk in here is almost as banal as the Wire bullcrap.

Let it go, already.

Christ.

MDS

Lol banal

Take out the b rome. Let me go there you stupid fat old floridian
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 29, 2010, 11:28:40 AM
The Lee talk in here is almost as banal as the Wire bullcrap.

Let it go, already.

Christ.

might as well get used to it...you have years of it left unless they win a title before this whole thing blows up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

happ, singleton, and ? for oswalt and 12 million

that appears to be it

also strasburg on the dl now. HE SHALL BE LIVAN or batista on sunday instead.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Does Singleton have more value than Rizzotti only because he's younger and slots in better when Howard is on the decline?

Seriously asking.  His stats kind of look good.