Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Has Choke homered since he signed that deal?

Where the leadership like Grits jumping in peoples asses for the nonchalant play?

Greg Dobbs is pitiful. Juan Castro, Wilson Valdez and Ross Gload? lol.

ice grillin you

lol @ grits getting in anyones ass...his wife runs his shtein you think anyone on the team is going to listen to him...not that he talks anyway

they miss jimmy so bad....but i dont think even he can help this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

haha

yup, they are gonna win 70 games this year

this is 1 bad week coinciding with some torrid play from atl

calm down hanover
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i will as long as you understand that winning 90 games and losing the division is the same as losing in the world series and is the same as winning 70 games....this isnt a flyers miracle run type of team we are talking about here...this as you said was a lock world series team before the season started...

PhillyPhreak54

Ruben Amaro needs to shake shtein up.

Goodbye Dobbs. Bring up HOF Brown and start playing him.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2010, 05:31:00 PM
i will as long as you understand that winning 90 games and losing the division is the same as losing in the world series and is the same as winning 70 games....this isnt a flyers miracle run type of team we are talking about here...this as you said was a lock world series team before the season started...

ive never said anything other than that. its been world series or bust for 3 years now.

and it is still a lock. as bad you try to make them seem they are 6 games over .500 and .5 out of the division. sounds like a terrible team to me.
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 31, 2010, 05:35:02 PM
Ruben Amaro needs to shake shtein up.

Goodbye Dobbs. Bring up HOF Brown and start playing him.

its 1 bad stretch. since the sox series they are 3-7. thats a bad last 10 games. it really doesnt matter how they went, its just that they went bad. now if it goes to 20 games, 30 games...then before its too late you hit the panic button.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you stay your homerish calm...ill gladly panic...i guess you missed this post...

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2010, 07:15:52 AM
holy shtein i was just analyzing their june sked

they play half the first place teams in the major leagues and that doesnt even include boston or the yanks

eight teams in the majors have more than 26 wins and the phillies play five of them in june

take out cleveland and the combined records of the teams they play next month is 214 - 168

anyway

this week...

tomorrow - hamels vs. husdon
wednesday - kendrick vs. lowe

friday - halladay vs. latos
saturday - fatty vs. garland
sunday -hamels vs. leblanc

MDS

theres a difference between people who panic on every strike out or loss (phreak, lbi, don ho) and people who want them to lose (you, rjs, filthy new yorkers). meanwhile there is a difference between confident fans who know this is a playoff team (me) and unquestioned the phillies are my family i love them i.e. flyers fans (phreak, pg)

i love how phreak is in both camps. btw thanks for lincecum, he was awesome today.

anyway those pitching matchups are actually pretty good. problem is the bats are in the state they are right now. get back jimmy and get back polanco. please.

ice grillin you

you basically are pg....its been a sad and terrible fall

Eagles_Legendz

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on May 31, 2010, 06:55:39 PM
theres a difference between people who panic on every strike out or loss (phreak, lbi, don ho) and people who want them to lose (you, rjs, filthy new yorkers). meanwhile there is a difference between confident fans who know this is a playoff team (me) and unquestioned the phillies are my family i love them i.e. flyers fans (phreak, pg)

i love how phreak is in both camps. btw thanks for lincecum, he was awesome today.

anyway those pitching matchups are actually pretty good. problem is the bats are in the state they are right now. get back jimmy and get back polanco. please.

Are you defending the way they have played and ignoring the fact that this is severely troubling?

5 shut outs in 8 games is ridiculous. Even with Jimmy and Polanco being out.

Grits is getting 84M and Howard 125M...make that money.

MDS

no im saying that a bad stretch is a bad stretch. if they are losing these games 5-4 its the bullpen, if its 12-10 its the rotation. bad streaks are gonna happen and this time it happens to be a borderline historic offense drought.

if the offense is really gonna play like this than what can you do. if howard, utley, werth are this bad then you might as well cancel the season. but their talent levels and their career numbers indicate this is just a horrid week.

theyre going to hit. the number say so. think of it like you keep getting 8s, 9s, 10s and 11s in blackjack but can never got that 10, or when you do, the dealer has 21. sooner or later youre gonna start getting wins with that combo. and sooner or later, probably sooner, the phillies are going to score runs.

theyve been doing it for 5 years why would it randomly stop in late may?

Don Ho

Quote from: KDS on May 31, 2010, 06:55:39 PM
theres a difference between people who panic on every strike out or loss (phreak, lbi, don ho)

Hey, I've been uncharacteristically positive this season despite the fact they are playing like complete shtein right now and they are so farging pathetic and the season just might be over.  It's all good.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

he was the originator of this type of column back in the mid 90's...kirkjan buster olney and a few others have followed and mastered it as well...they all make nerding it up a cool thing

no one is better at it tho than joe pos who has the best sports blog on the internet