charlie manuel show is just starting on wip

the first one was amazing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

charlie is the best interview ever

first of all hes the anti billy beane

secondly hes dropped a couple "throwds" as in "throwd out at first" and a "gag knee" as opposed to "gone yay"

Sgt PSN

LOL.....4 years ago, Cholly was mocked and ridiculed to no end because of the way he talks.  3 division titles, 2 WS appearances and 1 title later, he's got IGY calling him the best interview ever and is actually citing his southern (MA!) draw as a reason why.  Amazing. 

ice grillin you

actually im completely making fun of it

how this guy is anywhere in the world other than in a 2000 foot deep tunnel with a canary on his shoulder is amazing to me

SunMo

he is great though, totally honest.  right now he's laughing about Victorino and how much of bone head he is
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

the best part about him is how hes so anti sabremetric....it was great when he was talking about about how the human element is still the most important part of the game and how you just to need to watch people play

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2010, 12:48:06 PM
the best part about him is how hes so anti sabremetric....it was great when he was talking about about how the human element is still the most important part of the game and how you just to need to watch people play

This I agree with.  I don't hate Sabermetrics because there's no disputing that there is some validity in them.  However, they aren't the only and absolute way of measuring a player's worth or ability.  Because dispite what the charts and graphs and formulas say, you still need to get out there and watch a guy with your own 2 eyes and sit down and talk with a player before deciding whether or not he's a good fit on your team or if he'd make a good prospect. 

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 18, 2010, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2010, 12:48:06 PM

This I agree with.  I don't hate Sabermetrics because there's no disputing that there is some validity in them.  However, they aren't the only and absolute way of measuring a player's worth or ability.  Because dispite what the charts and graphs and formulas say, you still need to get out there and watch a guy with your own 2 eyes and sit down and talk with a player before deciding whether or not he's a good fit on your team or if he'd make a good prospect. 

agreed, too bad that typically the nerds that cling to sabremetrics refuse to acknowledge the human element.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

If they get tonights game in I have a feeling Halladay's going to throw a no-hitter. It just makes sense considering all of the other shtein going on in the Philly sports world tonight.

Sgt PSN

He better farging throw one after not doing so in his last start.  Farging slacker. 

Munson

Sarge is freaking out! oh noeees

IGY being bitter that he's 1 more clogged artery closer to death than I am. Poor fella.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

it better be a perfect game or he can pack his bags.

SunMo

Quote from: Munson on May 18, 2010, 03:32:31 PM
Sarge is freaking out! oh noeees

IGY being bitter that he's 1 more clogged artery closer to death than I am. Poor fella.

do you ever wish that you could be funny just once?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

The guy rippin MA jokes off of Todd and IGY, literally the two un-funniest people here, is accusing me of being unfunny?

You do realize that my remarks are meant just as smartass remarks, and not as material for my stand up act. Right?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

I wish we could have more of these conversations.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.