Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

IGY, that post was bad....even for you. LOL
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Rome

i'm fairly astounded it took igy that long to take a shovel to the season.

MDS

since you guys love tv ratings

6.9 for the opener (1.6 in dc)
6.5 for wednesday, 2nd highest rated thing over on cn8 or whatever its called

BOOM
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

anyone else like to get in on the money

you get the phils and i get the second place team in the division +3 games...or if the phils dont win the division then i win
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

According to ESPN, Pedro is the current batting leader of the Astros through the first couple games of the year :deion
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

LMAO at Utley trying to deke the catcher on the ball in the dirt :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on April 09, 2010, 06:06:58 PM
According to ESPN, Pedro is the current batting leader of the Astros through the first couple games of the year :deion

Ed Wade = God
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

making a pitcher throw a lot of pitches is always good, but when you make a guy throw 25 times in the first inning and have men on 2nd and 3rd, if you don't bring them home then you practically bailed the pitcher out.  nice to see raul make him pay. 

Don Ho

Astros announcers just lapping up this phils lineup.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 09, 2010, 08:22:08 PM
making a pitcher throw a lot of pitches is always good, but when you make a guy throw 25 times in the first inning and have men on 2nd and 3rd, if you don't bring them home then you practically bailed the pitcher out.  nice to see raul make him pay. 

I was just going to ask you how many pitches this guys thrown as I tuned in a little late.

Let's go J.A.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on April 09, 2010, 08:22:52 PM

as they should, especially with the way these guys are swinging the bats to start the season.  we're bitching about the way they hit yesterday in dc, but they still had 12 hits and put 5 across the plate.  that will win you more games than not.  pitching did them in more than anything else yesterday.

although the 11 lob is a bit much.  but still, when you're getting on base as much as these guys are right now, you're typically going to have a higher lob number than usual.   

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 09, 2010, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on April 09, 2010, 08:22:52 PM

as they should, especially with the way these guys are swinging the bats to start the season.  we're bitching about the way they hit yesterday in dc, but they still had 12 hits and put 5 across the plate.  that will win you more games than not.  pitching did them in more than anything else yesterday.

I missed yesterday's game as it was on at 10:30 AM HST.  I saw the boxscore and all the chances they had to score.  shtein load of men left on?  And was the hit that scored the go ahead run a dog shtein one?