is it just me

Started by Wingspan, May 24, 2004, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

or is this place ungodly slow today???

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Mad-Lad

post draft football talk is usually pretty uneventful unless you're stoked about Collins signing in Oakland, or Kenny's Holmes talking to the Packers.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Mad-Lad on May 24, 2004, 06:07:00 PM
post draft football talk is usually pretty uneventful unless you're stoked about Collins signing in Oakland, or Kenny's Holmes talking to the Packers.

I think he was talking about the load speed. Or at least I assume that as I'm forced to wait far too long for pages to load.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Tomahawk on May 24, 2004, 06:10:38 PM
I think he was talking about the load speed. Or at least I assume that as I'm forced to wait far too long for pages to load.

oh, THAAAAT slow.  i'm not sure what's going on with the site.  I've had some problems viewing it this afternoon.  Probably a server issue.  Seems to be running a lot smooter now.

Wingspan

Quote from: Mad-Lad on May 24, 2004, 06:07:00 PM
:paranoid :-D

i mean the loading slow...its a little better now...eh...oh well
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Sgt PSN

Seems to be running much better now.  I'm guessing that T-hawk's mom must have been logged on earlier.  She's so fat she even clogs up cyberspace.  

PhillyGirl

I put in a call to Prohosting earlier today...they were to "check on it" and get back to me. Maybe they just fixed whatever the problem was....

oh wait...or maybe they called me back at my office (the number I left them).  :-X

Regardless (or irregardless for Thawk's sake), its taken care of for now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 24, 2004, 07:56:28 PM
I put in a call to Prohosting earlier today...they were to "check on it" and get back to me. Maybe they just fixed whatever the problem was....

oh wait...or maybe they called me back at my office (the number I left them).  :-X

Regardless (or irregardless for Thawk's sake), its taken care of for now.

;D

Susquehanna Birder

FYI...one thing you can do to improve things is to empty out your IM inbox and outbox. Part of the page-load process involves checking the status of your IMs, and if the thing is empty, it saves a few nanoseconds of system time.  :)

General_Failure

Although they're still in the database even after you've deleted them. Go figure. :-\

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

Quote from: General_Failure on May 28, 2004, 12:19:46 PM
Although they're still in the database even after you've deleted them. Go figure. :-\

are you able to purge the database of them?  ???

General_Failure

I'm going to say no. If I did do it it would take all the new ones with it and probably screw things up really bad.

MURP

so there are thousands of deleted IM's stuffin up the database?   :paranoid

General_Failure

Yes. We need to talk about your connections with a certain columbian drug cartel, by the way.