Week Fourteen - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 10, 2020, 06:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

The talking morons after the worst.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Lamar has taken over with his legs. He's making them look silly

MDS

impossible to watch lamar and think the eagles can ever do anything even if wentz reverts back to the mean
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Huge momentum swing

Marquise Brown cannot catch
Lamar went out for cramps
Browns working the Ravens defense

PhillyPhreak54

Best game of the year

Lamar it was speculated that he had the shteins when he went out
Browns take one point lead
McSorley comes in and gets hurt
Lamar comes back in and throw a TD to Brown

Wow

MDS

lamar just got let that stuff go...cant be missing plays because ya gotta take a trip to browntown
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Holy farg Cleveland walks is down the field to score now

MDS

cleveland shouldve gone for 2 there. theyd have 2 outs even with a miss....onside and 3 timeouts. with lamar/tucker, chances are they were gonna get the 3 anyway.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Haha

I had Ravens -3

It covered

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I don't have cable, so I haven't watched MNF this season.  But I could watch last night because I live in Baltimore City.

The game itself was marvelous.  A lot of incredible performances.  J.K. Dobbins was on a mission, among others.  I actually watched the entire game, it was so good.

But holy crap, the broadcast production is awful.  All three of those dudes talk too much, and too long.  They talk about shtein ain't no one want to hear--what you think of Miles Garrett's shenanigans last year, for example.  And they talk about it instead of calling the game.  Several plays never got a single mention of what happened at all because while it was going down, the idiots in the booth were yammering about something else.  The replays were late, and superflouus.  I want a replay of the play that just happened, especially when it was a first down catch at the sideline, or some other like, not a replay of two plays before, when someone game up a little gimpy. 

Obviously, the problem with MNF is ESPN, because it's been lousy for years, through different iterations of announcers.

another note:  I have loved how much more of the game you can hear without fans in the stands. I'll miss that when games return to normal.  The MNF crew crapped all over that by filling every f'n second with their inane babbling.

Rome

I watch the games muted now.  I'm used to it due to watching them in a sports bar anyway.  I listen to music thru noise-canceling headphones most of the time during the games so I'm not interrupted by family bullshtein going on.  Plus when I start yelling and cussing I can't hear them bitching at me to stfu.  It's nice all around. 

PhillyPhreak54

Its the same in baseball - execs think people want non stop talking. No letting the game breathe and any silence is frowned upon.

And then you have the desire, for whatever reason, to use three man booths. Riddick is good - he can break the game down nicely and offer FO perspective as well as a players perspective. Griese is useless. He's just a guy.