Week Nine - 2019

Started by PhillyPhreak54, November 03, 2019, 01:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Not a lot of marquee action going on but the Ravens and Pats should be good.

Hopefully the Chiefs can knock the Vikes off

PhillyPhreak54

It's criminal how the Steelers for farged on PI

Good lord

PhillyPhreak54

Ravens getting after the Pats so far

PhillyPhreak54

Broken record

Officiating is ruining the game. 23-18 and the Giants stopped the cowboys. But no! Here comes a bullshtein PI call. Dallas went on to score.

When it was 23-15 Saquon ripped off a 65yd catch and run. Inside the 10 a cowboy goes through Engrams back and not called. Shurmur challenged and despite it being obvious it was not overturned. Which we know it won't be bc the officials have gone rogue on refusing to have their calls questioned.

MDS

thanks twitter

the reffing is not good at all but the giants stink and werent winning that game
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 04, 2019, 11:32:52 PM
Broken record

Officiating is ruining the game. 23-18 and the Giants stopped the cowboys. But no! Here comes a bullshtein PI call. Dallas went on to score.

When it was 23-15 Saquon ripped off a 65yd catch and run. Inside the 10 a cowboy goes through Engrams back and not called. Shurmur challenged and despite it being obvious it was not overturned. Which we know it won't be bc the officials have gone rogue on refusing to have their calls questioned.
Yup, it is the league clowns at their worst. They say "clear and obvious" is the criterion for changing an opi/dpi call, but what they mean is an egregiously bad call/non-call, like with the Saints last year. So now the players, coaches and rest of the planet watch a clear and obvious PI replay, along with the ref. But since it wasn't egregious enough the ref comes out and doesn't overturn it. Bozos.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 04, 2019, 11:32:52 PM

lol it ruined it when the bedwetter was still on the eagles

I've been trying to tell you NFL cavemen forever...nice you've finally noticed...next step is to stop watching a morally corrupt zesty product so much...really you don't have to watch every game every week...I promise you you will be much better for it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

If the game was enforced as the rules are written, there would be a penalty on every play. So you begin with an untenable situation.

I don't think officiating is necessarily worse than ever. When you watch old games (70s-80s when the league became so popular) there were unbelievable numbers of no calls on obvious and often dangerous plays, and arguably more total phantom calls too. If the league wants to pretend to care about player safety, it had to start throwing more flags, especially once the fans got HD and 5 angles on every play and could see all their fargups. I think fan tolerance for bad calls and no-calls has gone way down, and at the same time many fans want fewer overall flags. Again an untenable situation.

The PI thing is a one year trial that will be killed by the competition committee after the season. I can imagine a world in which it works, but this was a hasty reaction to bitchy Saints fans, and nothing more.

I think the best you can do is moving the refs upstairs and having them watch the all-22 and the tv feed. At least that would show them what the fans are seeing. Eventually you can train AI on what's egregious enough to call and put the refs out of business. I'm sure the refs union and troglodyte fans won't have a problem with that...

Final thought is that the reffing is painful to watch every week yet still better than the English Premier League officials who make many fewer calls but seem to botch half of them.

MDS

that kind of common sense reaction has no place in the over reactionary dramatic twitter outrage world we live in

da refs are rooning da game ! instagram twitter espn
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I hated football before it was cool.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I like when mds rants and raves mindlessly.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 05, 2019, 11:55:45 AM
I like when mds rants and raves mindlessly.

my favorite is when he blames twitter for things that existed before twitter

MDS

bad calls existed before twitter but righteous indignation about them didnt

you used to watch a game...say oh that was a bad call...then move along

now the outrage machine mob gets its panties in a knot because someone missed a DPI

ice grillin you

nope the pass interference penalties have been a complete joke since at least the very early 2000's

your problem is that you live only thru social media...so a couple dozen people on social media going crazy about something means its being overblown...and really in this specific case its not even about that...its about criticism of the NFL which you cant handle for some unknown reason....if twitter was blowing up over a great nfl game or season youd would never ever say eh that game was overrated that phins bolts game last year was much better....if the officiating was great like it is in other sports for the most part you be touting how the nfl rules committee and roger goodell are genius' who have created the greatest sport god ever gave to man

MDS

is this because trump is going to bama/lsu and the cheering will ruin it for you