TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

FNL marathon on E. Coach Taylor is the man. I love when he apologizes to Riggins after he kicks him out for the misunderstanding with Julie.

Munson

We got to Ozymandias last night, what a piece of acting that was. The hype was forreal. I know I'm probably supposed to hate Walt for everything he's done but even at the end he still tried to do what's best for his family by trying to exonerate Skyler.

Interested to see what these last two episodes are about.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

The Challenged doc on Netflix is fantastic.

I've been fascinated with space and NASA since that explosion. I was in first grade and we watched it. The doc really shows what has been mentioned before - it never should've launched. Even the manufacturer of the rocket boosters didn't want to go because of the o-rings.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 16, 2020, 11:46:15 PM

I've been fascinated with space and NASA since that explosion. I was in first grade and we watched it. The doc really shows what has been mentioned before - it never should've launched. Even the manufacturer of the rocket boosters didn't want to go because of the o-rings.

watching this today...so far it's awesome
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 16, 2020, 11:46:15 PM

Saw it over the weekend...definitely worth checking out

SD

Turn: Washington's spies on Netflix is really good. I'm only through 2 seasons but it's definitely worth checking out.

The Haunting of Bly Manor dropped on Netflix today. It's a follow up from The Haunting of Hill House which was one of the best Netflix shows ever.

Rome

Binged "Utopia" on Prime today.  Cusack is my favorite actor and goddamn if he wasn't creepy and brilliant in this.  Lots of twists and turns.  Really horribly violent and sickening, actually. 

Not for everyone but I loved it.   Solid B+.

ice grillin you

finished the two seasons of kobra cai

S1 - one of the funniest seasons of television ive seen in a long...johnny is so farging hilarious as a stuck in the 80's alcoholic goon...the way they mesh the tv show with the movie is so perfect...if you liked the karate kid and who doesnt then youll jerk off to season one

S2 - not nearly as good and i mostly stuck with it cause you gotta see what happens with the characters but it lacks the humor and is running out of fumes on plot so there are some really dumb unnecessary scenes that are incredibly drawn out because you can tell they just dont have many ideas left...at the end they promote S3 coming out in january which is crazy to me

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2020, 10:24:23 AM
finished the two seasons of kobra cai

S1 - one of the funniest seasons of television ive seen in a long...johnny is so farging hilarious as a stuck in the 80's alcoholic goon...the way they mesh the tv show with the movie is so perfect...if you liked the karate kid and who doesnt then youll jerk off to season one

S2 - not nearly as good and i mostly stuck with it cause you gotta see what happens with the characters but it lacks the humor and is running out of fumes on plot so there are some really dumb unnecessary scenes that are incredibly drawn out because you can tell they just dont have many ideas left...at the end they promote S3 coming out in january which is crazy to me

I just finished that and liked it, as well. I mean this in the best way-- but they did a great job of being self-aware to know it's not actually a good show, but still injecting enough humor and heart to make you care about it, regardless. I like the angle they took with Johnny (kind of like telling Beowulf from Grendel's point of view, which I wouldn't doubt they consciously considered), the LaRussos are somehow more annoying than they probably intended them to be. As a couple, they have so little chemistry that it was distracting. But definitely a fun and easy watch.

ice grillin you

mrs. larusso is sneaky sarcastic funny on the show

i think s1 is a validly great show on its own...s2 imo falls more into what you are saying...i love how they make johnny sooooo un PC in s1 at the same time as they are using him to mock the social far right

SD

"Evil" on Netflix isn't half bad if you're looking for a horror show to binge

ice grillin you

is it real horror or sci fi horror

Eagaholic

I haven't watch much netflix recently but Alias Grace was the best thing I've seen his year. It's about a teenage servant girl convicted of murdering her aristocratic betters in the mid 19th century. It's too leisurely paced and introspective to be a psychological thriller but close enough to the genre. The violence and foreshadowing is mocked up a bit in the first 20 minutes, but at that point you'll how much you would like the series.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 23, 2020, 03:08:46 PM
is it real horror or sci fi horror

Guy works for the Catholic Church investigating possessions and miracles, he recruits a forensic psychologist and has a film guy who can debunk doctored film etc. It totes the line of being real and supernatural. It's definitely not sci fi. Takes a few episodes to get going but once it gets going it's not bad. Heavily involves religion, symbolism, serial killers, satanism.

ice grillin you

binged 'The Queens Gambit' on Netflix the last couple of days...really well done heartfelt limited series coming of age tale about a chess genius...it got a little slow and bogged down at times and probably could have been 5 eps instead of 7 but it definitely pays off overall and is a really good covid watch if youve run out of shtein to watch like i have

probably take up sd's 'evil' suggestion next