TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

we definitely need more mob shows and movies...for whatever reason they have always been criminally under represented on the entertainment landscape
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Only if we can also have more shows about cops breaking laws to solve crimes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Watched dr foster this week...the seasons are 5 eps each so you can rip right thru them in an evening...soapy but entertaining as hell show

Munson

We just got to the episode where they kill Gus....holy shtein.

And holy shtein at the reveal at the end of the episode.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

The Last Narc on Prime is fantastic.

It's a doc on the murder of Kiki Camarena. The DEA agent kidnapped and killed by the Guadalajara cartel and highlighted in Narcos Mexico.

PhillyPhreak54

Since I'm off and back here I'll have a lot of time to dig down into this rabbit hole that watching this show has created.

I've always known The War on Drugs was a sham. But never imagined how deep the corruption ran. What they showed in the doc was pretty explosive imo.

ice grillin you

I just finished halt and catch fire...amazing show that is definitely on the non wire goat list...in particular the ending...can't think of a show that ended better

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2020, 11:22:55 PM

It's a doc on the murder of Kiki Camarena. The DEA agent kidnapped and killed by the Guadalajara cartel and highlighted in Narcos Mexico.

This is right up my alley...but how bad do they go into the torture aspect? In Narcos they'd torture him until he'd pass out then give him an adrenaline shot to wake him back up so they could torture him more. If it's mostly him being tortured I'll pass. What they did to that man is disturbing

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on August 14, 2020, 09:35:04 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2020, 11:22:55 PM

This is right up my alley...but how bad do they go into the torture aspect? In Narcos they'd torture him until he'd pass out then give him an adrenaline shot to wake him back up so they could torture him more. If it's mostly him being tortured I'll pass. What they did to that man is disturbing

It's addressed. In detail and they read the transcripts of him in pain and begging not to get beaten more. They also addressed the torture and killing of the Mormons. On the women they put a rope between their legs and pulled so they're get rope burn.

The fascinating part is they have a ton of first hand account interviews. DEA people and the Mexicans who were cops but working for the cartel.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2020, 09:29:54 AM
I just finished halt and catch fire...amazing show that is definitely on the non wire goat list...in particular the ending...can't think of a show that ended better

i pimped this show maybe 2 years ago and the nerds here crushed me for it

its in my top 10 all time
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on August 14, 2020, 04:29:46 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2020, 09:29:54 AM

i pimped this show maybe 2 years ago and the nerds here crushed me for it

its in my top 10 all time

Thank you this is now on deck

MDS

do i even tell him it starts as a male centered story then quickly refocuses to being about 2 women
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i get what you are saying but i never felt it wasnt about him until the last season...i think season 2 and 3 felt more about the women because season one was 130% about him where as 2 and 3 were like 75% about him

MDS

yea i get that. either way marginassi is gonna be margiOUTi by s2

really good column on the show....https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/10/15/16473012/halt-and-catch-fire-finale-recap-amc-ten-of-swords

written basically knowing that 0 people watched it and that its going to be a slow discovery for everyone over the years as word spreads.

ice grillin you

the music on the show was for the most part was horrific but harvest moon in the last ep was perfectly heartbreaking