2018-19 College Basketball

Started by Don Ho, November 07, 2018, 02:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Sixers are only HALF a Philly team bc they practice in Camden.

MDS

villanova being close to the city but not in the city doesnt make un philadelphian, its the way they conduct themselves

their student body base first off is as un philly as it gets. some stick around or are from the toney burbs but the rest are richie richies from the east coast who then farg off to suck the country dry on wall st or capitol hill. their alumni base was so afraid of attending games at the liacorous center they demanded parking garage spots so they wouldnt have to step foot outside in north philly. god forbid.

then you have what they did to temple (the true philadelphia school), which was an act of terror on par with 9/11 and one i will never forgive.

farg nova to the ends of the earth they arent from the city

i root for la salle, the joe, even penn. drexel is cool. nova should be bombed by russian forces.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you can hate them all you want and have valid reasons for doing so but they are Philadelphia...period

jay wright is as Philly as it gets
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i will not fight jay but this

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 25, 2022, 11:55:39 AM
they are Philadelphia...period

NO

they are radnor township
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

U of H will probably bomb them - but Nova winning it all would be funny just for lil guy factor. We'll need a livestream of him hate watching the Final

SD

Who hates what more:

Todd/Nova

Or

Havas/WC soccer

QB Eagles

Quote from: TAFKASD on March 25, 2022, 12:21:16 PM
Who hates what more:

Todd/Nova

Or

Havas/WC soccer

Easily Todd/Nova, it's the most homer thing on this forum and this forum includes Phreak.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 25, 2022, 12:25:01 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on March 25, 2022, 12:21:16 PM
Who hates what more:

Todd/Nova

Or

Havas/WC soccer

Easily Todd/Nova, it's the most homer thing on this forum and this forum includes Phreak.

lolol

MDS

some solid differences of opinion but the answer is me

i have a blood feud with nova, havas is 75% shtick

ice grillin you

No I legitimately despise soccer fans....I really really hate soccer too don't get me wrong but I can just not watch

Rome

Imagine having a blood feud with someone who has no idea you exist. 

That's just awesome, actually. 

MDS

someone? i have blood feud with what is essentially a place of business (that doesnt know i exist)

QB Eagles

I don't have an issue with soccer fans in general but MLS fans always feel like they are larping. I live near the stadium where the Timbers play and the fans are as real as MLS fans get, and it's still fake.

Also lame when an American picks like Real Madrid as "their team". Maybe pick one of the teams that doesn't spend about 10x more than 90% of their league, so it actually means something when they win?

MDS

i wont fight people randomly picking european soccer teams to like then pretending they truly care how they do...its mostly performative

the mls is what it is, a handful people are into it but its basically like AAA baseball - a fun thing to do when its warm out but not anything people are super in to

the world cup is different. im into the usmnt and i care how they do, not as much as sixers/phillies/eagles but my heart rate was going up last night during the final 25 minutes