Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Bloomberg is also pro-choice, pro-gay rights and is a staunch advocate for DACA and a pathway to citizenship.

But sure, he's just like Trump.

Except not at all.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Munson on February 14, 2020, 12:01:32 PM
Also, a lot of people talk a big game about how they're not sure they can vote for so-and-so, but it's easy to do that when they still have other choices. Once it becomes a binary choice, the Democrats will come back home.

Unless it's Bloomberg. I don't know one left leaning person under 35 that's willing to vote for him.

I'm 33 and would vote Bloomberg in a nanosecond over trump. 

General_Failure

It sure would be nice if the options weren't bleed to death and don't bleed as much, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Look, I agree.  Bloomberg is a hard pass in his own right.  But he's not psychotic and his running mate isn't a farging religious lunatic who longs for Armageddon.

All I'm saying is if the choice comes down to it, people like Munson won't specifically vote against Trump.  They will stay home and bitch about it for the next four years. 

It's binary idiocy and it's going to ensure a Trump win if motherfargers don't get off their high horses and do what's right for the survival of the country. 

Munson

I voted for Hillary and will vote for anyone in 2020 except maybe Bloomberg, and that's only because I'm in a blue state. If I were in a swing state I'd vote for him and hate myself for it.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Really what I want is the Democratic party to stop trying to eat paste and maybe be an actual left wing option.

Munson

^^^^Yep. Been corporatist since the 90s, and all that happened was we drifted towards fascism.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 14, 2020, 04:48:17 PM
Quote from: Munson on February 14, 2020, 12:01:32 PM
Also, a lot of people talk a big game about how they're not sure they can vote for so-and-so, but it's easy to do that when they still have other choices. Once it becomes a binary choice, the Democrats will come back home.

Unless it's Bloomberg. I don't know one left leaning person under 35 that's willing to vote for him.

I'm 33 and would vote Bloomberg in a nanosecond over trump.

times one million
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

To sum things up:  Rome discovered the word binary recently and is trying to figure out how it works.  Munron is a Bernie Bro, which is definitely some kind of real problem and not just another bullshtein stereotype advanced by people like, literally, Putin and Trump.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

stop talking about bloomberg. his "support" is entirely name ID based because hes running non stop ads in super tuesday states and the average person hasnt even thought of the election yet. also the average voter is a fossil who watches regular tv and will catch a bloomberg ad.

once actual campaigning in these states begins and once he enters a debate and takes some hits, his number will fall and all he'll be doing is helping bernie

with that said, i would vote for him or literally any sentient human over trump
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: Diomedes on February 14, 2020, 10:01:46 PM
To sum things up:  Rome discovered the word binary recently and is trying to figure out how it works.  Munron is a Bernie Bro, which is definitely some kind of real problem and not just another bullshtein stereotype advanced by people like, literally, Putin and Trump.

haha...it's weird how much this "bernie bro" nonsense has carried on considering it was an HRC campaign invention that she literally tried the same thing with "Obama Bros".

Whatevs. I spend a lot of time telling people I know who support Bernie that they just need to suck it up and vote for whoever when the general comes. Don't know too many that actually wouldn't do so. I wish Warren were winning but I'll happily vote for Bernie if he's got the best chance come the Acela Primary.

General_Failure

Rome

phattymatty

Pete and Amy will continue to chip away at each other just enough so Bloomberg can sweep in at the end and be the "electable" moderate to go against Bernie.

He's way down on my list but any self respecting Democrat who would stay home Election Day and not vote against trump because their favorite is not the nominee can farg right off.