Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Butt 10
Yang 10
Biden 9
Bloom 9
Amy K 9
Steyer 9
Gabbard 9
Warren 7
Sanders 6

Not far off

Munson

Other countries have found a way to give up to almost 400 days paid leave, I think America could figure it out.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Maybe I have a failure in my imagination, but I can't see how.  I can't afford to pay for my own health care and workman's comp insurance.   Luckily I get the former through my wife's work and the latter I can opt out of paying as the principal of the firm.  If I were to hire someone and pay a health care policy, workman's comp, witholding, AND four weeks paid leave...for a guy making $18/hour, I'd have to bill $65 or so...and that's without adding a profit (or precious little, haven't done the math) to his rate....ain't no one paying that..

You can't give paid days off if you can't get work because no one can afford it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Klobuchar x 14
Steyer x 14
Mayor Pete x 13
Yang x 13
Bloomberg x 12
Biden x 11
Warren x 10
Tulsi x 8
Bernie x 7

And yes the US lacks way behind other developed nations in time off. If you're sick you shouldn't have to give up vacation time. Many employers do not separate the sick and vacation out; its simply termed as PTO.

I get almost four weeks now bc I've been there so long but most in my company are in the 2 week range. You need time away from work to keep your mental health in check in my opinion.

That's not to say you can't still bust your ass and work hard and all that but time away is healthy.

Big business and the boot straps crowd has way too much control. Too many people I've heard of getting canned in low level jobs for missing work bc of kids being sick or other reasons.

General_Failure

Warren 13
Sanders 11
Steyer 11
Yang 10
Klobuchar 8
Buttigieg 7
Bloomberg 6
Gabbard 6
Biden 5

I'm not very well informed on a couple of these and don't feel strongly enough about some of them that it would keep me from voting for a candidate that doesn't hold the same position.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Steyer, Bloomberg & Klobuchar all tied with 12.  Yang with 11.

Meh. 

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I wanted Beto.  Few others did so I'm out.   

Frankly I don't care who the Dems pick.  None of them have a chance in this rigged, crime-ridden joke of an election.

🖕🏻 Em All.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on January 19, 2020, 10:15:04 AM
Maybe I have a failure in my imagination, but I can't see how.  I can't afford to pay for my own health care and workman's comp insurance.   Luckily I get the former through my wife's work and the latter I can opt out of paying as the principal of the firm.  If I were to hire someone and pay a health care policy, workman's comp, witholding, AND four weeks paid leave...for a guy making $18/hour, I'd have to bill $65 or so...and that's without adding a profit (or precious little, haven't done the math) to his rate....ain't no one paying that..

You can't give paid days off if you can't get work because no one can afford it.

We're talking about real jobs with computers, desks, and a/c

Diomedes

Oh, I beg your pardon.

I'll just pipe down then.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on January 19, 2020, 03:15:55 PM
Oh, I beg your pardon.

I'll just pipe down then.

Sorry...I sincerely didn't think it would upset you that much.

I'm not sure what the exact criteria would be, but based on company profitability and/or size, the Leave would have to be subsidized by the government.

I don't think this should be limited to breeders. Every body should get that kind of paid vacation time every year.

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

The pics of the clowns playing dress up from Richmond are something. Buncha fargin idiots

General_Failure