2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

nfl is lucky enough to have 2 players make 2 normally unmarketable teams popular (jets and colts), and also have two small market teams (packers and steelers) become big draws, in addition to the usual big markets (cowboys, giants, eagles, bears, 49ers) who also can draw.

and thats why they are the most popular league.

a baseball playoff without the sox, cubs or yanks = EPIC FAIL
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: SunMo on September 28, 2008, 05:04:07 PMi'm reading back in the early part of this thread and the offseason thread hoping to find where Die-Hard said that the Mets bullpen was better than Phillies.

Mets thread, page 6:

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 11, 2008, 09:30:50 AM
True, the Mets bullpen sucks. But the Philllies pen sucks just as much, if not more.

PoopyfaceMcGee

What was the final tally for bullpen ERA and W-L for each team?

BigEd76

Phillies = 33-23, 47 saves, 483 IP, 3.22 ERA, 37 HR, 411 K, 211 BB (39 intentional), .251 BA, .333 OBP, .371 SLG, .703 OPS, .304 BABIP
Mets = 28-28, 43 saves, 493.1 IP, 4.27 ERA, 58 HR, 410 K, 202 BB (37 intentional), .258 BA, .336 OBP, .401 SLG, .736 OPS, .299 BABIP

I couldn't find the blown saves totals but I think the Mets had around 30 of them...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

It was truly nauseating watching Gavin Floyd frigging dominate Detroit tonight.  Jesus - what an incredible blunder trading him was.

PhillyPhreak54

If he was still here he'd be in AAA with a 5-11 record and a 5.15ERA.

Change of scenery was needed.

Ideally the haul would have been better than Freddy Garcia. But yeah, Gavin Floyd would never have done that here.

MDS

hamels vs. gollardo

he faced the phils last year, won the game, gave up a run in 6.2 innings, but hes coming off an injury is making his 2nd start since may. hes right handed. its a bandbox. win. please.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 30, 2008, 12:39:22 AM
If he was still here he'd be in AAA with a 5-11 record and a 5.15ERA.

Change of scenery was needed.

Ideally the haul would have been better than Freddy Garcia. But yeah, Gavin Floyd would never have done that here.

whatever makes you feel better

22 year olds who had like 15 career starts dont need changes of scenery...they need seasoning...changes of scenery are for veterans like manny ramierez whos been in a place for 100 years and needs to get out

not even you phreak can try and defend that move as anything but a massive and collassal FAIL
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

yeah I don't buy he needed a change of scenery either. You can either pitch or you can't.  Giillick really shtein the bed with that trade.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 30, 2008, 01:49:30 AM
hamels vs. gollardo

he faced the phils last year, won the game, gave up a run in 6.2 innings, but hes coming off an injury is making his 2nd start since may. hes right handed. its a bandbox. win. please.

you cant lose game one...you just cant

MDS

according to weather nerds, its supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon, then clear up at night. so you girls complaining about baseball logically revolving its postseason schedule against the best matchups for tv ratings might be able to see the game after all.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Rome

Garcia for Floyd has the potential to go down in Phillies history as the worst trade ever.