2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

well clearly someone should have told that to charles
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

well we shall see how aggressive he is pinch hitting for pedro phillies or maybe even going balls out and pinch hitting for ruiz if he doesnt double switch.

papelboner throws hard and the ball is carrying at the bank tonight, swing hard and shtein can happen.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 17, 2008, 09:39:47 PM
it would help if the phillies had a better rh pinch hitting option that wasnt a catcher. werth is gonna play against rhp, so when that happens, the two key guys off the bench are ge off and dobbsy, both of whom are left handed.

a manager like manuel, who is conventional and plays by the book, isnt gonna consistently pinch hit coste and isnt gonna waste his catcher for someone zesty like so taguchi or eric bruntlett. basically it would help the phillies added another rh bat of the bench that wasnt a catcher and was solely a bench player, not a platoon player like werth.

or if manuel got off the soapbox and stop playing by this absurd notion that you need to save the catcher. the odds of a catcher getting knocked out of the game for an injury are so slim. its such a ridiculous thing to do, saving coste just in case something might happen. farg.

everything you say is irrelevant because werth used to be a catcher and even caught a game in spring training this year...they have an emergency third catcher...basically its pointless to overanalyze chuckles...hes a terrible manager anyway you look at it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

of course he is. but last night, lets say they get a rally going, and it comes to ruiz's spot. he has to hit, he didnt double switch out of the spot and coste is used. to lead off an inning. it was just all pointless.

SunMo

haha, Ruiz is starting again today...Charlie rules

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think Coste must have banged Charlie's son or something.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 18, 2008, 10:58:40 AM
of course he is. but last night, lets say they get a rally going, and it comes to ruiz's spot. he has to hit, he didnt double switch out of the spot and coste is used. to lead off an inning. it was just all pointless.

im talking about in general not last night

SD_Eagle5

Already down 4-0, 0 outs. Lowell and Drew went deep.

Kendrick is hanging his sinker dead center in the middle of the plate.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

phillies are getting dangerously close to not being able to win unless king starts

this 15 game stretch is exposing them as not yet near ready for prime time

PoopyfaceMcGee

To be fair, Moyer and Kendrick have both had more good starts (including Moyer last night in the loss) than bad ones.  Myers has been pitching like Eaton, and Eaton has been not completely horrible.

The problem is that if Moyer starts pitching like he's 45, Myers doesn't shape up, Eaton continues to slowly descend back toward the Eaton of last year, and Kendrick strings together a bunch of bad starts...

Well, shtein.  It's going to be ugly.  And that doesn't even factor in that the bullpen has been MUCH better than expected, and a few of those guys (Durbin, Romero, Lidge) could crap out too.

ice grillin you

moyer and kendrick have been good for moyer and kendrick...but not good for a team that has world series aspirations...they need pitching desperately because this offense in the playoffs will not be what it is in the regular season