2020 Off Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 06, 2020, 11:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Starting this off with;

Miles Sanders will not need surgery on his leg. He's on crutches and has a brace on today. Crazy that he finished the game.

Malcom says he will not play next year under his current contract.

PhillyPhreak54

Unrestricted free agents:

Jason Peters
Rodney McLeod
Nelson Agholor
Ronald Darby
Jalen Mills
Nate Sudfeld
Vinny Curry
Josh McCown
Timmy Jernigan
Richard Rodgers
Hassan Ridgeway
Jordan Howard
Big V
Kamu Grugier Hill

Restricted Free Agents

Corey Clemet

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

Craig James
Deontay Burnett
Cam Johnston

General_Failure

I don't see a single name on there that absolutely must come back.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd like to see McLeod come back. Jernigan too.

Maybe Jalen.

Other than that? Peace out.

Especially Darby. farg that guy.

General_Failure

Mills can farg right off a bridge.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

He'd wave his finger at you as he's falling towards the water.

From NJ.com

- Says the team and McLeod discussed a deal during the season but obvs wasn't done. The writer believes they will bring him back.

- Peters says he still wants to play. He told the Eagles he wants to come back. Personally I cannot see them bringing him back unless he slides inside. Him and Lurie have a close relationship.

- Sudfeld is probably coming back

- Thinks they want Curry back on the cheap for depth.

- Jernigan depends on the price. I want him back. I like him.

- Ridgeway could be back on a one year deal

- Mills is probably coming back

- Bradham could be gone since he has a club option

Don Ho

I was pleasantly surprised how well Big V and Pryor played last night.  Good to see.  Unfortunately it was Peters side getting blown up.  Big V improved tremendously and Pryor did well filling in for Brooks.  Praying Dillard steps up next season.

Yes and adios to Darby!  Give Nellie a one way ticket back to SoCal. 

What is going on with Howard?  Million dollar question.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on January 06, 2020, 12:07:27 PM
I don't see a single name on there that absolutely must come back.

Nor do I.  I'd like to retain Vaitai if possible.  He's gonna get paid somewhere though.  I think Sudfeld is worth keeping, would understand if they re-signed him.  Otherwise...only on cheap deals for some and for others...bye.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

they have to get rid of alshon, who goes from super bowl hero to adopted son to reviled snake in one of philly sports' weirdest odysseys. seriously everyone loved this guy after balling with a torn shoulder, defended him after the drop last year, then he pouts and trashes wentz, the team wins without him and now everyone hates him. the question is do they

-cut him and eat the money
-sell him to a team with cap space for a draft pick

i dont think you can keep mcleod and jenkins. you gotta get younger. jenkins is an eagle legend and the soul of the team, i dont let him go. mcleod is a zero...not a negative not a positive. he doesnt make plays but he doesnt farg up and makes the right checks. you could do better.

bradham is washed. well always have the panther game.

curry loves philly and is a sensible depth de.

peters is a weird one. hes an all time eagle and heading to canton but dillard is better. someone needs to grow a set and tell peters thanks for everything but bye.

corner im not sure other than getting rid of darby. maddox and strap are slot guys. mills is solid but unspectacular. schwartz simply doesnt like jones or douglas and for good reason. this feels like its going to be a disaster no matter what they decide.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Peters is done. Wasting cap space on him would be a stupid move.

So figure 3-yrs/$30M for him. 

MDS

there are 4 high level wr's entering the final years of their deals

-keenan allen
-marvin jones
-kenny golloday
-allen robinson

allen feels like the most realistic trade so long as the chargers dont sign brady. robinson could be a hold out/straight up refuse to play his $$ year with trubisky. i think trying to grab one of these guys makes a lot of sense since they cant draft for shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Tony Pauline saying they're going to go hard after a corner and says Chris Harris or Byron Jones could be the targets.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

BUYER BEWARE as they have signed some real horse shtein at corner the past decade

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I fully expect whomever they sign to suck.

It'll be interesting to see what they do as a whole on the back end

Malcolm wants a new deal
McLeod is a FA
Sidney needs to play more (maybe he does better under a new DB coach)
Darby is a FA but needs to be shipped off to Antarctica
Crevon is a good player
Avonte is too
Mills I would like to see back but he is probably gone
Rasul needs o play more too but he has to be a press corner IMO