FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

It has to be said that turning a #6 into Smith and next year's Fins first was vintage "good Howie". There's a solid contingent of Eagles fans who would have taken Smith at #6.

SD

Hated the trade with Dallas but no complaints with Smith or the trade back. Still farg Howie

ice grillin you

like I'm not against getting smith or a first next year but running a franchise into oblivion doesn't get cancelled out by a couple of let's see what happens
moves

I would have one million percent been huge pro Howie had he got Justin fields without moving up and the 1 next year

that shtein would have been exciting

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

100% should have been the pick...I'm not going to pretend I know he's going to be a franchise QB but I do know jalen hurtz isn't and devonta smith is changing nothing for the franchise

Eagaholic

The trade with dallas was really a win/win for each team. Howie got to do the right thing and trade up a couple of slots to get Smith. Jerruh got to trade down, get an extra pick, and still get the player with the most character concerns.

I'm not as down on Howie as most people. I don't disagree with most of the common criticisms but he shows signs of having a phoenix rising from his ashes kind of thing. He really did do an amazing job exorcising Chip's guys from the roster to quickly build a championship team. It's not an impossibility for him to learn from his mistakes, especially with his back against the wall. 

Munson

Interesting what if: would you have preferred what they did to, say, staying put, having the Giants take Smith, and then having the Bears trade you their first rounder next year to move up to get their QB? So you end up at 20, AND potentially have 4 first rounders next year?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

That is an interesting question, I thought about it earlier. The monkey fan in me wants the instant gratification of seeing Smith sear through division secondaries. But from a roster management GM pov I'd have to go with the trade. Rashod Batemen would have been a good consolation prize and next year's draft should be less of the crap shoot this year is. And, has there even ever been a team with 4 1st rounders? Crazy.

ice grillin you

tons of time to go and at the start of this year Mac Jones and Zach Wilson weren't on any top pick radars but from the people in the know next years qb class is historically bad

I would have taken Justin fields this year and three potential ones next year

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Howie basically said some were disappointed guys they had on the board were taken ahead of them after trading back.

They only went from 70 to 73

So that means Donahoe wanted OT Brady Christensen, CB Aaron Robinson or DT Alim McNeil

ice grillin you

more likely howie is full of shtein and he went off the board that Donahoe and weidel spent all offseason putting together

Don Ho

HA!!  Highlight of the draft for me. 

"Ah Howie, wrong Williams"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

I'm so glad that clip was posted...I saw it live and was dismayed that none of the talking heads mentioned it.  Donahoe was the most obviously unhappy suit but none of them were too pleased to have Howie approach offering a bump.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Always fun when a moment of reality seeps into the nonstop staged bullshtein of the draft. I used to have draft parties but now it's the NFL's Academy Awards and I'd rather just get alerts on my phone about the Eagles picks. Actually it's worse than that because most of these celebrated guys will be abject failures in the NFL.