ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 06, 2013, 12:22:20 AM
Caplan says the meeting finally ended

settle down easy....everything will work itself out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Roob saying the Eagles are still planning on meeting with McCoy and Marrone tomorrow so doesn't sound like they're on the verge with Kelly.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

its been pretty well known since the start that kelly isnt at the top of their list

im sure it could be a smoke screen but i dont think so.....i think they are farging with the kelly market

Eagaholic

On his end, Kelly also said that although he expects to make a fairly quick decision, this year he wants to do his due diligence and go through interviews with everyone he really wants to. Even if nothing else it should help him to get his best contract.

ice grillin you

fev do you have a frontrunner??

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 06, 2013, 02:13:30 AM
On his end, Kelly also said that although he expects to make a fairly quick decision, this year he wants to do his due diligence and go through interviews with everyone he really wants to. Even if nothing else it should help him to get his best contract.

i think hes goes back to oregon

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2013, 02:13:44 AM
fev do you have a frontrunner??

I think I like McCoy best. I think there's a lot to like about a guy who's adjusted his offense to and gotten the most out of so many different QB's over the last few years. The guy's gotta be letting out a big ass sigh of relief now that he's got Peyton running his show. He fits the up and coming coordinator category I feel most comfortable with for the new HC.

I'm also intrigued by Chip though... I wouldn't mind him at all if he were set up with a rock solid DC (In my head, it's Lovie, even though he's been getting too many HC looks to be interested in DC right now). I admit that in this Lurie/Banner cat fight tonight, I realized that I would be cool with him if the Eagles liked him. The no prior NFL does bother me some though, but so many different people around the league don't think it'll be much of an issue in the long run... who knows?

With either one of them though (or anybody else), it depends on the staff they assemble. Although Kelly's well respected in a lot of circles, I dunno how cats already in the NFL will feel about coming over to work under a college coach who's never been where they're at. McCoy is already a respected coordinator who probably has real solid connections with guys from his former teams.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Feva makes some good points...

The Eagles had what - the second youngest team? One of the points made by some talking head I was listening to on WIP was that Andy's message had become stale...that the young bucks just didn't respond to him like players did when he first came into the league. Actually I think it was Ike Reese saying this...so he thought the college guy who has no nfl run wouldn't be an issue as much now as ten years ago because of how different the players are now.

I'd be ok with either McCoy or Chip. Gus Bradley intrigues me too because I dig that Hawks defense.

ice grillin you

feva is in depth like a mother....i love it.....i wish i could be that way

hbionic

How can you not love IGY?  :-D

As a jaded Eagles fan, I really don't think it matters if a guy has NFL experience or not. Actually, I kind of prefer the non-nfl experience. Maybe his fresh look at things brings that new thing that is needed to take this franchise in a different direction.

Nolan, Mariucci, Wade Phillips, Chan Gailey, Dom Capers, McDaniels, Sherman, Reid, Frazier, Tice, Mora, etc. They all had NFL experience.

NFL experience is over rated. NFL and professional sports is people management. You have to let them know you are the new Judge, Prosecutor, Defender, and Jury in town. Once that is set, weed out the bad seeds, and get your team ready.

I hope it is Kelly. Maybe that will be enough to deal with the new threat of the NFL and that is the RGIII's of this world.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

you really have no idea how its gonna go

belichick = flame out with browns
uncle pete = college coach after flame out with jets, pats
harbaugh = stanford
other harbaugh = special teams coach
jon fox = good dc then apparent flame out with carolina

theres no recipe in the world to choose a good coach. chip might work, might not. mccoy might work, might not. cant scout this shtein.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Why is it that the Eagles aren't looking more strongly at Lovie Smith?

SD

Scratch Marrone off the list:
Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Doug Marrone has agreed to leave Syracuse and become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Rome

An outside the box pick for the Bills.  I like it.  My Buffalo buddy isn't pleased because it weakens the Orange and does nothing for a floundering Bills franchise.   He wanted Kelly (which I insisted was never going to happen, because really, it's farging Buffalo, for God's sake.).

Oh well, I wouldn't have thrown a fit if the Eagles had ended up with him.

I'd still prefer McCoy, though.