2013 Philadelphia Flyers season thread

Started by SD, October 02, 2013, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 07, 2013, 07:28:28 PM
lurie is a good in the sense that he cuts the checks and stays away. problem is the people he cuts the checks too are the wrong guys. and have been since he started.

what?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

SD's Lurie rants fascinate me.

I kinda hope he does more green energy stuff just to see SD's reaction

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 07, 2013, 08:13:04 PM
SD's Lurie rants fascinate me.

I kinda hope he does more green energy stuff just to see SD's reaction

What is there left to do?
Go Green campaign - check
Recycling - Check
Wind Turbines - Check
Solar Panels - Check

Of the list of reasons I dislike Lurie the green energy stuff is way at the bottom. If they were a team that won the SB during his tenure and they didn't switch to the midnight green uni's I wouldn't even bring the green issue up. But the green shtein is all about show and just furthers us as fans from the abrasive fishtown Vet iceholes to the wimpy environmentally friendly howie midnight green softies.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 07, 2013, 07:32:10 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 07, 2013, 07:28:28 PM
lurie is a good in the sense that he cuts the checks and stays away. problem is the people he cuts the checks too are the wrong guys. and have been since he started.

what?

banner-roseman
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

banner was an excellent hire...hes just a terrible person...roseman was disgusting and all on jeff

lurie is far from perfect but to say since 1995 he has made all bad moves is ridiculous...shtein to say hes a bad owner is ridiculous

MDS

i never said hes a bad owner i said he entrusts his franchise to the wrong people

what makes him good is he lets his people do their thing. what makes him bad is he gives the wrong people power
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Lurie is so far from a Philly guy it's sickening.

At least with Snider he still thinks it's the 70's broad street bullies. We can nitpick on how stupid that mentality is but the Flyers have been more successful as a franchise so the argument is irrelevant.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 07, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
i never said hes a bad owner i said he entrusts his franchise to the wrong people

you cant say everyone hes hired since 1995 has been wrong and think hes a good owner

banner and reid were both home runs...luries problem was keeping andy waaaaay to long....if anything hes too loyal

MDS

SunMo

Quote from: SD on October 07, 2013, 09:00:00 PM
Lurie is so far from a Philly guy it's sickening.

At least with Snider he still thinks it's the 70's broad street bullies. We can nitpick on how stupid that mentality is but the Flyers have been more successful as a franchise so the argument is irrelevant.

not in the past 20 years they haven't.  it's amazing how much people still suck off the flyers based on the 70s.

the flyers are a joke right now...they are a more successful version of the raiders.  no plan, no vision, kneejerk reaction to something today and pay double for it tomorrow.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Flyers have been to two cups in the last 20 years, the Eagles have been to 1 SB.

SunMo

oh well that's neat

i'll take the eagles run over the flyers
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

Quote from: SunMo on October 08, 2013, 08:44:27 AM

the flyers are a joke right now...they are a more successful version of the raiders.  no plan, no vision, kneejerk reaction to something today and pay double for it tomorrow.

so true.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quotethe fact you ignore is that they've been to the Stanley Cup Finals 6 times since the last Stanley Cup Championship. they lost each time not because they hired their own people, or that they lacked a perspective of someone not bred in the Flyer organization. they lost because they had the misfortune of playing teams who all beat the Flyers to win their first of multiple Stanley Cups, in other words dynasties. The Blackhawks are 1 more Cup from dynasty status but the other 5 teams that beat the Flyers all won at least 3

its 1 random internet comment but this flyers fans in a nutshell

"its not OUR fault, the other teams were too good"