2012 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, June 21, 2012, 11:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

SunMo

Mazeros out indefinitely, he jason peters'd himself
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

ice grillin you

homer bogging down the team with middling players for significant money...basically assuring the team will be good but never great for the distant future
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

simmonds at least has potential for some growth i think.

hartnell is 30, has a career year and gets a 6 year deal with a NTC.  farging madness

Seabiscuit36

4.75 per isnt bad.  The length of the contract is dangerous with a player like him and his history, but meh. 

Also saw this.  Flyers Ranked as #1 uniform in sports  Odd NFL.com is hosting the article.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

you guys do realize there is going to be a lockout, right?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

DH

I'm just glad we got Weber. God knows we deserved him.

Munson

Quote from: DH on August 21, 2012, 04:44:58 PM
I'm just glad we got Weber. God knows we deserved him.
he's the hero Philly needs, but not the one they deserve right now
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 21, 2012, 11:36:46 AM
4.75 per isnt bad.  The length of the contract is dangerous with a player like him and his history, but meh. 

Also saw this.  Flyers Ranked as #1 uniform in sports  Odd NFL.com is hosting the article.

And the sixth year doesn't start until the next season - he's still playing on the last year of his old deal. 

Also, it has a NMC.  Holmgren gives them out like candy.

That said, looks like agents are up in arms that Hartnell agreed to that deal (article).  Thought he would get a lot more in FA (though I think that's a gamble).  Overall I like Hartnell, but he'll be getting old for his style by the end of the contract.

PhillyPhreak54

Just saw someone tweet that the NHLPA and NHL have agreed to a CBA