2009 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, May 26, 2009, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on June 09, 2009, 05:38:05 PM
I am legitimately excited about this. 1000% chance it blows up in their faces, but it should make for interesting theater.

heh, I was thinking the exact same thing. :-D :'(
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Chance for the Penguins to have a 6-on-0 powerplay?

ice grillin you

its exciting because hes so cheap and they have a shot at a bomeester now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Emery is the young goalie they needed, now get some D. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Emery is exactly the sort of psychotic farger they need back there.  Someone who will not only get in the opponents' heads but also his own teammates' asses if they play like flags.

And to get him for only a million five is ridiculous.  Yeah, it could blow up spectacularly on them, but who gives a shtein?  I'd rather see them go down in flames like that than watch them punk out again because the goalie is a Hoyda.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

dis12

does he really look like a head case??
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

finally some color in this sport
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

"Thank God there is still a sport for middle-sized white boys

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 11, 2009, 08:50:59 AM
"Thank God there is still a sport for middle-sized white boys

excellent use of the quote. I looooooved that movie.

RIP Peter.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

He's just trying to corner the market on former nhl goalies in russia. As long as Esche admits it was his fault all is forgiven.

dis12

Hatcher retires and is hired as Flyers new player development coach, replacing Desjardins.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***