2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

I'm not completely hating Pederson. While I'm happy that he'll never see the field again, he does have some decent (ahd successful) coaching experience, and I don't think his ego is so big that he'd cause turmoil with the front office.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

I guess it depends on your definition of "successful." But he did get some good time in with the Eagles as QB coach, and as much as we want to discount Reid, the Chief's offense was pretty decent.

smeags

As long as he can get along with Howie.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

Quote from: smeags on January 11, 2016, 10:04:54 AM
As long as he can get along with Howie.
:-D  yeah, that's the requirement that drives me crazy. 
i don't think pederson even calls plays in kc...or maybe andy & he call them together.  anyway, i can't think of a more underwhelming choice for eagles' hc than pederson.  sure, andy never called plays before and moved straight from qb coach to hc...and it "kind of" worked...but i don't want andy jr.  :boo
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

of course he doesn't call plays....i think he runs the two minute offense...and occasionally andy will throw him a bone and let him call a play or two

oooooooh hire that guy!

smeags

The guy already has a love for the fan base.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

Quote from: smeags on January 11, 2016, 10:43:32 AM
The guy already has a love for the fan base.

so does shoulderpad shawn but i'm not hiring him either.  :-D 

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2016, 10:34:30 AM
of course he doesn't call plays....i think he runs the two minute offense...and occasionally andy will throw him a bone and let him call a play or two

oooooooh hire that guy!

yeah, it would be a complete panic move by lurie. 

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

I'd rather Coughlin than Pederson and I really don't want Coughlin. 

ice grillin you

just hire the alcoholic bedwetter and get it over with

Eagles_Legendz

The biggest issue with all of this is the supposed reasoning.  I don't know if he is a good coach - it's possible he could be a good coach.  My problem is I don't think the Eagles do either.  This strikes me as a personality driven issue where the team is overcorrecting itself following Chip and are most interested in a hire that won't rock the boat and will not have the balls to stand up to Roseman and co.  Maybe that's the wrong interpretation but that's how it comes across.  Just because you don't want someone with Aspbergers-lite like Chip doesn't mean you go and pull a 180. 

If I thought they were interested for his coaching skills then I'd disagree with the idea that he's shown enough to warrant it, but would be ok with it at the end of the day because it was a football judgment.  This just reeks of cronyism.

Susquehanna Birder

I'd have to think that Pederson does something as an OC, because if it was left up to Reid, the KC script would look exactly what we were stuck with for years. Anyway, I'm not a huge supporter of the guy - I think we all have a bad taste in our collective memory from his playing days - but I do see that he might have some value. That said, there has got to be a better option available.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 11, 2016, 11:07:38 AM
The biggest issue with all of this is the supposed reasoning.  I don't know if he is a good coach - it's possible he could be a good coach.  My problem is I don't think the Eagles do either.  This strikes me as a personality driven issue where the team is overcorrecting itself following Chip and are most interested in a hire that won't rock the boat and will not have the balls to stand up to Roseman and co.  Maybe that's the wrong interpretation but that's how it comes across.  Just because you don't want someone with Aspbergers-lite like Chip doesn't mean you go and pull a 180. 

If I thought they were interested for his coaching skills then I'd disagree with the idea that he's shown enough to warrant it, but would be ok with it at the end of the day because it was a football judgment.  This just reeks of cronyism.

I think this is all right but id add in a healthy dose of remorse...jeff regrets firing andy in the worst way and in his mind Pederson is the next best thing to having andy back