2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 09, 2016, 10:38:20 AMeither way wtf are the eagles doing?

talking to as many people as they can...total knee jerk reaction from the chip debacle

last time around they only wanted chip and zeroed in on him. they had a clear ranking heading into all the interviews. this time around they dont have one and are just speaking to anyone, except for mcdermott.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they shouldn't be talking to people they wouldn't hire  and if they would consider hiring tom coughlin or doug Pederson then they are

finished

thru

DONE

as a franchise

so I ask again wtf are the eagles doing?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 09, 2016, 10:56:56 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 09, 2016, 10:38:20 AMeither way wtf are the eagles doing?

talking to as many people as they can...total knee jerk reaction from the chip debacle

last time around they only wanted chip and zeroed in on him. they had a clear ranking heading into all the interviews. this time around they dont have one and are just speaking to anyone, except for mcdermott.

Last time around they wanted Chip but they still interviewed everyone

QB Eagles

Pederson is even a worse look than Coughlin, he's a hanger-on to the guy they fired 3 years ago. Makes it look like they regret firing Andy and have been reduced to begging him for table scraps from his new organization.

I'm not even talking about the quality of the coaching here, just how it would look.

ice grillin you

like i said

pederson = favor to andy

coughlin = sit down with us for an afternoon and tell us how to not suck

they don't want either as their coach

im going full homer j on this and will not allow any negativity to enter my being

PhillyPhreak54

Gase hired by Miami

Well then

ice grillin you

thanks for the breaking news

btw that doesnt bother you does it...you had said he did nothing for you anyway

Eagles_Legendz

Gase would've been a better hire than anyone else on the market.   Impossible to read about him and not come away impressed.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 09, 2016, 11:40:07 AM
thanks for the breaking news

btw that doesnt bother you does it...you had said he did nothing for you anyway

Yeah I'm not bent by this. If he was hired I wouldn't have been mad but he wasn't my top choice

Sgt PSN

Can't say I really have a top choice. I guess Gase was probably it, but the overall pool is so shallow and you never really know what you're getting to begin with that there's really no reason to get too attached to any single name.

I'll give pretty much anyone they hire a fair shake.

QB Eagles

It's gotten to the point where I think I if I had to choose among all the guys currently linked to the Eagles, I would pick Shurmur. And that's not okay.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm confused by the Coughlin thing tho

He's 69 and not a long term solution. He's a guy you bring in if your team is built and just needs a new voice to get over the hump.

Unless they're gonna install Duce as OC and knowing Coughlin is a 3yr coach so when he's done Duce is promoted

PhillyPhreak54

And I'm amused by the reactions to Gase being hired

Eagle fans are ripping the methodical process and acting like Gase was the end all be all candidate

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 09, 2016, 12:18:15 PM
Unless they're gonna install Duce as OC

lol

other than mcdaniels and that's not going to happen there is nothing left that remotely excites me...its all about who I don't want now and Pederson coughlin top that list....oh hey...guess who is coming in this weekend?

id rather take a flyer on someone from the college ranks than hire one of those two

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 09, 2016, 12:21:33 PM
And I'm amused by the reactions to Gase being hired

Eagle fans are ripping the methodical process and acting like Gase was the end all be all candidate

anyone losing it because they are guaranteeing hes going to be the next bill walsh or something is going overboard but the point is that he could be that

im not flipping out about it just because I knew they wouldn't get him once everyone else was jumping in but he was the best guy on the market and more than anything represents a lot of HOPE...and when you have the history that the eagles do hope is about the most powerful aphrodisiac there is