Week 1 - Washington (NFL Team): Got That Pandemic

Started by MDS, September 05, 2020, 05:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on September 13, 2020, 04:03:53 PM
Next motherfarger that questions why they draft Jalen hurts gets a crossbow in the eyes.

They should have drafted O line depth in the 2nd rather than a backup qb. They had nobody so I figured they'd sign depth instead they threw inexperienced slop out there.

QB Eagles

Did they ever mention before the game that Herbig was going to start instead of Pryor? That was a surprise to me and it was a bad one. Herbig stood out as a constant liability even among that makeshift line.

PhillyPhreak54

First I heard of it was like half hour before the game.

SD

I didn't know LJ was out until the 1st quarter was almost over

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on September 13, 2020, 09:15:07 PMThey should have drafted O line depth in the 2nd rather than a backup qb. They had nobody so I figured they'd sign depth instead they threw inexperienced slop out there.

after watching wentz andy dalton for 2.5 qtrs is anyone sure they shouldnt have taken hurts

carson, since tearing his acl, has done nothing but be inconsistent and play with a hero complex. he doesnt suck. hes not bad. but theres enough evidence that hes not a high-level franchise guy. and since hes not, theres nothing wrong with grabbing someone who maybe could be
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The line play was abominable.   The two picks were on him as were the awfully under thrown and overthrown balls.  The WR's were awful, there was no run game and a Doug called his worst game considering he never adapted to what the WFT started doing at 17-0.

The defense was farging horrendous too.  I'm sick of the hype with that group.  A bottom three QB with few weapons dropped 27 on your asses.  Shut the farg up and play better. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on September 13, 2020, 04:10:46 PM
name a worse recent loss

Nothing this bad as in 2 1/2 quarters of complete crap by the entire team and coaching staff but the Atlanta game last year stung.  Wentz actually played well that game and Agholor had a vagina.

Opening day losses in recent memory this is right up there.  Home loss vs.Tampa Bay with Ricky Watters "For who? For what?" was brutal and for some reason 1997 opening day at the Meadowlands and losing to the Giants and Dave Brown was really bad.  Birds had come off a descent year in 96 under Ray Rhodes, made the playoffs year before losing in SF in WC game (FU Chris T. Jones, played like shtein that game)but you had that feeling that they'd come out in 97 on fire and really contend.  Giants just beat them down and it set the tone for a horrible season and the failed Bobby Hoying era.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on September 14, 2020, 06:48:51 AM
The line play was abominable.   The two picks were on him as were the awfully under thrown and overthrown balls.  The WR's were awful, there was no run game and a Doug called his worst game considering he never adapted to what the WFT started doing at 17-0.

The defense was farging horrendous too.  I'm sick of the hype with that group.  A bottom three QB with few weapons dropped 27 on your asses.  Shut the farg up and play better.

Oh the defense, they stunk too.  Yes Wentz and the stupid turnovers didn't help, couple of injuries but MAKE A fargING STOP in the second half!  Linebackers?  Done repeating that question as apparently Howie thinks they grow on trees.   
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

There were a few positives on the offensive side of the ball

1. Goedert's play
2. Driscoll, before he went out, played well at RT.
3. Reagor

Defensively they did well. Crippled by short fields and ultimately cracked after having to defend so many. I liked the secondary play and the line. LBs were meh but we knew that.

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/ByADiBona/status/1305331844465004544

tl:dr Nate Herbig isn't a good football player, Wentz is stubborn, and Doug called a bad game.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Stubborn, Hero/Jesus complex, or just plain stupid...maybe all three.

After this long in the league, there's no fixing a QB who holds the ball too long.  Doug needed to give him only quick options instead he called the game straight to Wentz weakness.

Someone said the D was awful...maybe Rome in a characteristic broad stroke dump after such a humiliating loss, but I disagree.  Defense played pretty well.  Secondary was surprisingly good.  Injuries toward the end of the game didn't help them, and neither of course did the offensive play calling or performance.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Granted they didn't have Sanders and Scott went out for a bit but running the ball and or screen passes would have been advisable to help control that pressure and to get Wentz to get the ball out quick. The Rams did that last night.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on September 14, 2020, 06:48:51 AM
The two picks were on him as were the awfully under thrown and overthrown balls.

Agreed that Wentz was awful for the most part after the first quarter. Especially in not getting rid of the ball on some of the sacks, the ball placement on the INTs, and Wentz's typical super high incompletions. Looking at the tape on the Reagor overthrow though, I think that was on the WR. He slowed up in the middle of his route on what is a pure timing play, and the ball dropped in right over him. I doubt that hesitation was built into the play.

Defense was not great considering how bad Haskins is, but I put them far down the list of reasons the Eagles lost. Logan Thomas uncovered in the endzone is reason enough not to heap praise on the unit though.

A lot of the bad stuff in the line, in the passing game, and defense came down to miscommunication and misunderstanding the plays, rather than pure lack of talent. Team wasn't prepared for the season which is why I hang this loss on Doug first and foremost. Remember early on when things were still going well, they has to burn a timeout after a WAS penalty because the playclock ran out. Too much simple shtein went sideways.

SD

Wentz was god awful yesterday. Worst day as a pro. He started out a little slow the last few seasons. Last year he lead a team with Greg friggen Ward as his #1 wr to the playoffs. They beat Seattle if he doesn't get a cheap shot and who knows beyond that. Zero doubt in my mind he'll play well again at some point. 3 straight years of playoffs and one SB he got them in a position to win. I love the over reactions. You don't sign a qb to a mega deal then draft a backup in the 2nd round then announce you want to be a qb factory like you're a college team. They needed O line depth bad, they haven't drafted depth in years and you see the results yesterday.

General_Failure

If only they had a good TE or two who they could rely on for a short passing game to keep Wentz off his back.

The man. The myth. The legend.