Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

El Wingador got popped for cocaine distribution.

Seabiscuit36

QuoteBut a bird in the hand is worth more than the bush
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

More on El Wingador's arrest..

Was rolling around in a 2010 Kia with an El Wingador vehicle wrap. How ridiculous.

Had $8,000 worth of coke and $4,000 cash

Wonder what Angelo and Rhea think of their boy?

Seabiscuit36

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120723_Shooting_outside_party_in_Brewerytown_leaves_five_injured.html
QuoteShooting outside party in Brewerytown leaves five injured
By Barbara Laker
Daily News Staff Writer

Philadelphia Daily News

Just 12 hours earlier, about 2:30 a.m., the DJ had been winding down his gig, playing just the right party songs for a woman known only as Kia who was celebrating her 25th birthday inside her home on Thompson Street near Hollywood. Suddenly, a man, who apparently hadn't been invited, took out a gun and started to pump bullets into partygoers who hovered outside. Three men and two women in their 20s were shot. All remain in area hospitals.

"I heard about eight shots," said the 22-year-old DJ, who requested anonymity. "He shot into a crowd of people. It sounded like a small gun, but he was very close."

The DJ, who lives in Germantown, didn't know what led to the shooting.

"You never know what can happen. That's with everything in life," he said. "You've just got to be as careful as possible ... This isn't the first time this happened."

In his five years as a DJ, he's done about 300 parties, and this is the fourth shooting that's occurred outside one of the shindigs.

"I've lived in Philadelphia all my life and I've heard gunshots too many times to count," he said. "There are just a lot of guns on the street and a lot of senseless violence."

No one answered the door Sunday where the party had been held, but drops of blood stained the concrete and police-drawn white chalk circles were on the street.

A 25-year-old man with a bullet wound in his abdomen was in critical condition at Temple University Hospital. A 25-year-old woman, shot in the buttocks and right foot, was in guarded condition there. A 25-year-old man, shot in the left thigh, was in stable condition at Hahnemann University Hospital, as were a 25-year-old woman shot in the right thigh and a 24-year-old man struck in the left thigh and groin. Police had made no arrests as of Sunday night.

The neighborhood is an eclectic mix of young to middle-age professionals, families with small children and a few young men who hang on nearby corners near rows of boarded homes. The corner store, Jaer Grocery, has a sign taped to the door: "No Weapons Allowed. Detection Devices on Premises."

Asked about the shooting, a 57-year-old mother of 10 who wanted to be known only as a "Jesus Lover,"  >:D said: "It's sickening. Just sickening. There are no jobs and these boys have nothing to do.

"The government puts these guns out here. They make it easy to get," she said, as she bought children sandwiches and candy at the store.
A half-block up Hollywood Street, 5- and 6-year-old girls were prancing in water from an open fire hydrant as they clutched dolls and pushed a pink toy stroller. Their aunt, Patricia Rice, watched from the steps. "When I see police, that's the only time I feel safe," she said.

The Hollywood Street block captain, James Waters, 58, took a break on his front porch after sweeping the street clean.

"It's a random thing that happened," he said. "We had a block party two weeks ago and there were no problems, no arguments, no guns ... It could have happened anywhere. The person who did this probably wasn't even invited." n

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

is that guy suggesting that as long as your were invited to the party its either ok or not as bad if you shoot up the place?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Pretty much.  Guess thats what the CO guy felt

ice grillin you

anthony bourdain is in philly today apparently shooting an episode for one of his shows.....about damn time

Seabiscuit36

I may be the only other person on earth who likes Bourdain. 

ice grillin you

i dont know anyone who doesnt love him....hes a god

start hanging out with better people

ice grillin you

mad river in olde city shut down for good and is going to be replaced by a craft beer/seafood joint

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 25, 2012, 03:34:05 PM
mad river in olde city shut down for good and is going to be replaced by a craft beer/seafood joint

No shtein? Haven't been there in years but it was always a happening spot.

PhillyPhreak54

The shooting of the off-duty Philly cop walking home from work the other day is sad and infuriating. I hope they nail the iceholes who shot him. The shootings have got to stop. Something needs to be done because this is going on way too much.

Every day I read of five or six shootings here in Houston that are senseless. A 1yr baby was killed in a drive by over the weekend.

SunMo

if everybody was armed then shootings would never happen
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

id like to know what the nra thinks about an armed cop getting killed

isnt the idea to arm everyone because it would prevent crime

PhillyPhreak54

Exactly.

Poor dude didn't even have time to get sights on them; they said he drew but was hit before he could line them up.

farging ridiculous.