Draft Grades

Started by Zanshin, April 29, 2007, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Going into this draft, I was more ambivalent than I've been about the draft in a long time.  I think that was because I felt great about last year's draft, and those guys just didn't produce like I'd hoped.

That said, I think this draft sucked it pretty hard.  And nothing they do with the last couple of picks is going to change my mind on that. REALLY underwhelming. 

Hey, it's a crapshoot every year, and a couple of these guys could be players-- there's no telling.  But on first blush, man, what a rough weekend.

I'll be generous with a D.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Obviously, you never know with the draft...

That said?

F+

PhillyPhreak54

C-...the RB and DE pick save it from a D

Dillen

C. So far, incredibly average. They filled their holes, just with the wrong guys at the wrong time.

DH

Ill be the first to say F-.

SD_Eagle5

Zanshin

Quote from: Dillen on April 29, 2007, 02:21:04 PM
C. So far, incredibly average. They filled their holes, just with the wrong guys at the wrong time.

Wow...you're an easy grader.

Dillen

The Kolb pick ruins the entire mood of the draft and makes you think every pick isnt good, but each pick after that one has good reasoning.

mussa

theyve done nothing to sure up positions we needed. as in possible future starters at LB and S. fargin F TO THE 5TH POWER
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Butchers Bill

If Kolb is a good starter in 3 years:  A+

If not: D
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Zanshin

Tony Hunt does nothing for me.  The DE and S picks were fair at best at the spots they came off the board...and that's the only positive I can take out of it.  The Kolb pick doesn't bother me so much, but if they wanted to take him, they easily could have traded down.  I don't think anyone else would have touched him until the third.

Dillen

Quote from: mussa on April 29, 2007, 02:23:48 PM
theyve done nothing to sure up positions we needed. as in possible future starters at LB and S. fargin F TO THE 5TH POWER
So I just imagined them picking CJ Gaddis and Stewart Bradley? Even people on these boards must have imagined it too.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

I wish I had more hands.......so I could give this draft 4 thumbs down.  

TexasEagle

Quote from: Dillen on April 29, 2007, 02:23:38 PM
The Kolb pick ruins the entire mood of the draft and makes you think every pick isnt good, but each pick after that one has good reasoning.

I'm with that. If the ND DE pans out that will elevate my view, but I'm WAY leery of their ability to evaluate dline draft talent.