Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Official NFL Combine site

February 22-28, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
RCA Dome

A lot of great information on this site.   :yay   

PhillyGirl

Even though there were really boring parts last year, I really enjoyed watching some of it on NFL Network last year.

The best was watching Clarett...lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

on the list of most nerdy things the nfl combine is number one...not far behind is the senior bowl practices and fantasy golf

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 03, 2006, 09:58:04 AM
on the list of most nerdy things the nfl combine is number one...not far behind is the senior bowl practices and fantasy golf

You thinking that is more the reason to watch it.

phattymatty

rjs246

PG's bitter statement aside, I found this rather funny.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

QuoteNFLCombine.net reports Virginia Tech QB Marcus Vick has been invited to participate in the NFL Combine.

well you have your Clarrett story line right there. 

Feva

QuoteNFLCombine.net reports Virginia Tech QB Marcus Vick has been invited to participate in the NFL Combine.

Somebody has to supply the starting guns.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on February 03, 2006, 07:06:21 PM

PG's bitter statement aside

wah.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mike Mayock and Corey Chavous listed their top 3 QB's in the draft (in order):

Mayock - Cutler, Leinart, Young
Chavous - Reggie McNeil, Young, Cutler

They must have been serving some good stuff on Smoot's love boat.

Feva

Well, they always said that it takes a "different" type guy to play safety in this league.  At times, "different" means "retarded".
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhanInDC

Bush says he won't work out at NFL combine
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

ATLANTA -- Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush, the former Southern California tailback likely to be the top pick in the 2006 draft, will not work out at the scouting combine sessions this week in Indianapolis, and will wait until the Trojans' annual "pro day" to audition for scouts.

It is not unusual for a prospect projected as such a high pick to bypass the on-field drills at the combine, where running backs are scheduled to work out over the weekend. Despite efforts by the league to encourage players to complete the entire combine workout, including a letter this year from Indianapolis Colts stars Marvin Harrison and Dwight Freeney extolling the virtues of an RCA Dome surface once widely regarded as sluggish, some players still feel more comfortable on campus.

"I'm going [to Indianapolis] to show teams a side of me that maybe they don't know," Bush told ESPN.com. "Hopefully, by now, people know what kind of athlete I am, and what I'm about as a player. But I want teams to get to know my personality, too, and I feel like I can accomplish that during the [combine] interviews."

Bush was here on Tuesday to meet with former longtime NFL personnel director Ken Herock, who helps prepare prospects for the combine interview process. Bush flew to Indianapolis on Wednesday morning for the start of his four-day combine experience.

The Southern California pro day is scheduled for April 2, and Bush is expected to participate in all of the drills that day. He almost certainly will have private workouts, including one for the Houston Texans, who hold the top pick in the April 29 draft, in the weeks following the pro day session on campus.

Houston officials continue to insist they remain undecided about the top pick, but the consensus sentiment is that Bush will be No. 1.

Articulate and engaging, Bush said he has "done [his] homework" on the Texans, including on first-year coach Gary Kubiak, and expects to be the first overall selection. Asked how much he knew about the city of Houston, he said: "I know there's no state income tax in Texas, and that's pretty important to me all of a sudden."

While a few skeptics still question Bush's ability to sustain the rigors of an NFL season at his size, the former USC star has been working out regularly in the Los Angeles area and his weight is up to 204 pounds. It has been as high as 206 pounds in recent weeks.

In 39 college games, Bush compiled 6,746 all-purpose yards. He scored touchdowns rushing, receiving, throwing and on both punt and kickoff returns.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.