Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: King Cole on February 12, 2007, 04:03:45 AM
God of War 2 review for PS2 from IGN. In case you are too lazy to click it got a 9.7:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p1.html

Can.  Not.  Wait.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

i just bought a wii on ebay yesterday.

now i have to go read the tv thread because we're going to get a plasma and i have no idea what to look for.

hbionic

Feva...you've just about convinced me to at least rent God of War. Everytime I walk by a video game store...that's the main thing I look at now. farger.  >:(
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Hell, I'm considering buying a PS2 just to get GoW and GoWII
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

i think ps2 are pretty cheap right now and so are all the old games. GOW2 though is till going to sell for 50 bucks, which I think is a rip off.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Yah, that is a bad price.  But farg it..by the time I get through GoW 1 and all the other PS2 games I'd pick up on the cheap, GoW II will be available used and cheap(er).
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Quote from: hbionic on February 14, 2007, 01:21:20 PM
Feva...you've just about convinced me to at least rent God of War. Everytime I walk by a video game store...that's the main thing I look at now. farger.  >:(

The game is the shtein, man... I'm telling you.

farg renting it.  The damn thing is only $19.99 now and you'll just end up kicking yourself after you paid to rent it when you'll end up liking it so much, you'll just go out and buy it later anyway.

Quote from: mussa on February 14, 2007, 03:26:02 PM
i think ps2 are pretty cheap right now and so are all the old games. GOW2 though is till going to sell for 50 bucks, which I think is a rip off.

If GOW2 is as good as the original GOW (which everything I've seen says it's even a little better)... it's well worth the $50 price tag.  Easy.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: phattymatty on February 14, 2007, 01:16:22 PM

now i have to go read the tv thread because we're going to get a plasma and i have no idea what to look for.

Get an LCD or DLP before plasma. I suggest LCD. Great for both gaming, DVD movies, and for watching TV.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

I just put in GOW, I havn't played it since christmas time. it was alot harder than i remember.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

put it on the short bus settings.

Wingspan

Quote from: King Cole on February 15, 2007, 06:13:38 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on February 14, 2007, 01:16:22 PM

Get an LCD or DLP before plasma. I suggest LCD. Great for both gaming, DVD movies, and for watching TV.

I have a DLP...and while the picture is amazing, and I am really happy with it. It is terrible for gaming.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Plasma is supposedly better for sports AND gaming still.

Cerevant

Take it to the TV thread - all this has been argued out already.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

mussa

Quote from: MURP on February 15, 2007, 08:34:53 PM
put it on the short bus settings.

i have it saved on normal. it just took sometime to get the controls down again. i am at the part where the "oracle" is hanging on rope and you have to climb all over to get to her in time. tried it once and time ran out. took me sometime to figure out the two pillars on top of each other gets you to that point. cool game  :yay