FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I can't see how anyone here is disappointed with this move.

I mean, dude's name is HOWIE, for God's sake.

Look test = Passssssssssssssssssssssss!

Eagaholic

just goes to show in the NFL it's not what you know, it's who you blow.

General_Failure

The worst that can happen is he drafts horrible players, gets more pissy than Banner about players asking for money, and signs nobody in the offseason. I'm pretty sure that would get Andy fired. You know, eventually. Maybe before he needs a triple bypass.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

I'm more worried about him poisoning our wells.

Tomahawk

So this is this guys first draft and Reid isn't even going to the Senior Bowl? I could understand if he was coaching the probowl again Fat

Seabiscuit36

Roseman's ears are stationed on Wallops Island on the offseason by the NSA
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Detective roseman is on the case in a "preliminary investigation" to get two low round picks for departed free agents.

Crack the case howie! Solve the mystery of the missing sixth round picks!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lol the eagles hired phil savage to hold howies hand during the upcoming nfl draft

very smart move but its ridiculous that it was necessary in the first place
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

scary part is... since 2005 when Savage was in charge you wont find one "significant" name in their draft after rd 2 except for Harrison

hold his hand tight howie

Rome

shorebird

Geez, look at those lily whites. Looks like he's never worked with anything in his hands heavier than a pencil.

DH

Quote from: reese125 on February 04, 2010, 02:00:44 PM
scary part is... since 2005 when Savage was in charge you wont find one "significant" name in their draft after rd 2 except for Harrison

hold his hand tight howie

He signed Cribbs as a UDFA.

smeags

why do i feel like i am watching a low budget re-make of wall street when it comes to the eagles front office ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

Hahahahaha. Die.

QuoteRising

Howie Roseman, new Eagles' general manager: I think it was smart to lock up fullback Leonard Weaver and wide receiver Jason Avant early in free agency. Why take a chance on someone trying to sign them to an offer sheet. I also think that Saints restricted free agent Mike Bell could be an excellent change-of-pace back to LeSean McCoy. The Eagles need someone who can convert in goal-line situations. The Super Bowl aside, Bell has been a solid runner at the goal-line and he could help the Eagles in other short-yardage situations. I also think Marlin Jackson was a good risk at free safety. He's a 26-year-old player coming off an ACL injury. There's certainly a risk involved, but he'll end up being a steal if he can restore order to the position opposite Quintin Mikell. And no matter who made the decision, it was time to move on without former Pro Bowler Shawn Andrews. Now we'll continue the quarterback watch. If the right deal comes along, I think Roseman will want to take a long look. With Andy Reid having final say, it's hard to know who's pulling the trigger on these deals. But from what I'm hearing, Roseman's been very assertive in his new role.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

You know, as I'm sitting here thinking about this, the whole Howie Roseman charade is actually sort of brilliant.

Reid makes all, or almost all, of the personnel decisions. But he also has to coach these clowns and if he is seen as the guy dumping all of their veterans he may encounter some tough times with his players. Bring in a new puppet GM and shower praise on him for all of the smart moves he's making to re-build the team with some youth and suddenly Reid is not so much to blame as 'the new GM who wants to make his mark on the team.'

Whatever, I'm probably over-thinking this, but after a decade of Andy Reid chopping veterans from the roster, the players have to start getting a little leery of him. Seems like the Howie Roseman distraction could be used to alleviate potential player / coach conflicts.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.