the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

id like to thank the boat getting stuck for causing me to learn about canals

the suez is bigger and older than the panama!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The conspiracy nuts are in full force about this one too.

Everything is a conspiracy now!

Diomedes

11 years ago today I stopped smoking cigarettes.  Feels like a lifetime had passed since.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

ice grillin you

high school basketball coach thinking he Omar but instead of the barksdales this dood messing with the friggin sinola cartel

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/crime/alamance-county-shooting-burglary-update/275-00e514ab-249d-4898-bfd8-679bd4d840e3
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

did not expect that to be a North Carolina story.

Geowhizzer

Teachers must look to supplement their income in... enterprising ways?  :deion

Diomedes

sure, just don't try a gunfight with Sinaloa cartel, Geo.

if you want some side work, I need a good drywall guy

Geowhizzer

Diomedes

The trouble with Falwell is that he's a fraud not that he's a cuckold.  Consenting adults have different tastes and make arrangements that suit them.  None of my business.

Geowhizzer

I don't know if it's the pandemic, Post-Trump stress, getting older, or a combination of all three, but I'm having a lot less patience watching sports this year.  I tend to mute the announcers - sometimes even the home team, and nearly always the national folks.  I just watch it muted.

My son (turns 18 this year) has gotten bigger into sports in the last couple of years, but not necessarily watching the games (other than the Eagles) a ton.  Rather, he follows them all on social media.  The kid has driven me bonkers with a thousand rumors about what the Eagles will do with their draft pick from every cyberwonk with an NFL GM fetish.  I follow a few Twitter feeds, but generally only the "official" sources.

Granted, I haven't watched an ESPN/Fox sports show that wasn't an actual game in at least five years, so who knows...

General_Failure

You have nearly unlimited entertainment and recreational options available and no longer want to settle for three hours of bullshtein. Most events are best watched on mute on a second screen while you do something else.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 21, 2021, 10:07:04 PM
I don't know if it's the pandemic, Post-Trump stress, getting older, or a combination of all three, but I'm having a lot less patience watching sports this year.  I tend to mute the announcers - sometimes even the home team, and nearly always the national folks.  I just watch it muted.

My son (turns 18 this year) has gotten bigger into sports in the last couple of years, but not necessarily watching the games (other than the Eagles) a ton.  Rather, he follows them all on social media.  The kid has driven me bonkers with a thousand rumors about what the Eagles will do with their draft pick from every cyberwonk with an NFL GM fetish.  I follow a few Twitter feeds, but generally only the "official" sources.

Granted, I haven't watched an ESPN/Fox sports show that wasn't an actual game in at least five years, so who knows...

I'm mostly there with you. I haven't gotten to the muting of announcers but my viewing habits have changed. Normally I'd be deep into the draft stuff. Or watching every single nba and mlb game I can. Not anymore. I still watch when I'm in the mood but I just mainly check box scores in the evening. Unless it's the Phillies and Sixers but even then if I miss one nbd.

I'm still all in on college and NFL though. But I don't start watching pregame shows at 8am anymore.

And going back even further I used to watch PTI and Around the Horn. And then every single draft show. And Baseball Tonight (or whatever MLBN's nightly show is).