2010 Sixers Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, April 26, 2010, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

the post game pressers would be priceless.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Should've hired him the first time.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I am not sure how I feel about Collins possibly taking over. I guess its better than Larry Brown. But I prefer Avery Johnson or an up and coming assistant.

I was talking to a guy today about Mike D'Antoni...he's locked in up in NY, but we were wondering if his style and system would fit the 6ers roster.

What do you all think?

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Drunkmasterflex

I wouldn't mind that, I would rather see some new blood than a guy like Collins. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i actually would really like larry brown as coach...just to teach these guys how to play defense
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2010, 11:54:31 AM
i actually would really like larry brown as coach...just to teach these guys how to play defense

lol am i the only one who gets this?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Jasner was on WIP this morning saying Snider asked him for some feedback on how to improve the sh*tty culture surrounding the franchise.  Jasner says he wants "the next Andy Reid" in terms of an up-and-coming coach and recommended to Snider that he visit San Antonio to see why they've been great for the last 10 years and turned out decent hires elsewhere in Sam Presti, Danny Ferry and Mike Brown.  Sounds like he's on the Budenholzer bandwagon...

ice grillin you

or the tim duncan and greg popvich bandwagon

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2010, 12:22:20 PM

haha - for real.

why is phil jackson such a great coach?  duh.

ice grillin you

are you saying sam presti wasnt the reason the spurs won four titles?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 05, 2010, 01:08:15 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2010, 12:22:20 PM

haha - for real.

why is phil jackson such a great coach?  duh.

Obviously Phil Jackson is no slouch, but he's had some of the games greatest on his rosters which will make almost any coach look good.  However, I've always felt the area where Jackson excels and other coaches come up short is the way he handles his star players.  With the Bulls, you had Jordan and Pippen for the duration and then Rodman was thrown in the mix for the 2nd 3-peat.  Most coaches wouldn't be able to handle those personalities.  Same goes for the Laker squads, especially with this current group.  Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Artest is a lot of "star" power for a team.  There's only 1 ball to go around and Jackson has always been able to get his star players to buy into what he's selling.  Ego pretty much gets checked at the door and his players sacrifice personal stats for championships.  That's no small feat in today's pro sports world that's full of primadonnas, drama queens and attention whores who are more focused on their next contract than the one they're currently playing on.   

ice grillin you

i dont completely disagree...jacksons personality goes a long way with his players...but read the jordan rules and youll see that mike was who kept all those players in line...best believe scottie pippen doesnt refuse to go in a game if jordan was on the team at the time

jackson could do nothing to contain the kobe shaq beef

and as far as todays team goes artest and odom at this stage of their careers are complete role players and gasol has never been a take charge guy which is why they got him since he will acquiesce to kobe at all times