2010 Sixers Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, April 26, 2010, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD on April 27, 2010, 09:29:20 AM
King was horrible, he outbid himself on player contracts. His trades were terrible too. No doubt in my mind he would have used the cap space to sign either Smith or Brand when the money was available. Him and Stefanski are basically the same GM, they suck at contracts but are good when it comes to drafting players.

They both can thank DiLeo for the drafting.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

smeags

so, eddie jordan withdrew his name from the rutgers job, stating he feels he is better suited to coach in the pros. i am sure this news pains diehard.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyGirl

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20100428_76ers_set_to_woo_Brown_as_coach.html

QuoteThe 76ers are poised to contact Larry Brown about their coaching vacancy, but they apparently have little interest in offering Brown a front-office position overseeing player personnel decisions, an NBA source with knowledge of the Sixers' thinking said on Tuesday.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

smeags

ice grillin you

may 18th cant get here soon enough
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

problem with the draft is I have no idea outside of the top 4 maybe 5 top prospects there is for the sixers to choose. they need a sg in the worst way, and besides maybe wesley johnson who is more likely to play the 3, your next best bet is james anderson from OSU.

if they go center, no way in hell I would want them to get Cole Aldrich and Whiteside is way too raw with so many inefficiencies in his game. only real shot at the C position might be to hope Cousins falls to them and he shifts over

ice grillin you

just the sixers luck as this could be the single worst draft ever for sg's..and thats not hyperbole

in general its a pretty terrible draft and because of that id go with whiteside...boom or bust type guy but his boom potential has a huge ceiling...and he would theoretically be coming into his own when brand is leaving...in the meantime he can learn and play defense for a couple years

the other position they really need and have needed forever is a antonio davis type PF...i dont wanna farging see wirey Hoydas at the four like moreese or thad...give me a thick cut six nine or ten guy who will punch people in the mouth and just worry about rebounding and defending...it would change this team overnite...where they sit tho offers no options

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2010, 12:04:29 PM

the other position they really need and have needed forever is a antonio davis type PF...i dont wanna farging see wirey Hoydas at the four like moreese or thad...give me a thick cut six nine or ten guy who will punch people in the mouth and just worry about rebounding and defending...it would change this team overnite...where they sit tho offers no options

this x's infinity

reese125

if their goal is to go really young in their backcourt with Jrue, the other guy they might scoop is 19yr old Xavier Henry...nice scorer, but the big complaint on him right now is his ball handling ability. Im sure he can get better being he is so young, but if he can only grow marginally in that department, the sixers basically are back to another guy who cant create his own shot. he becomes avg at best.

and Id punch the tv if they go with Whiteside. The guy weighs like 230lbs with weights on his feet. Unless he gains 40lbs--which will never happen due to his frame, he will get murdered deep in the paint. Hes all defense. The Sixers already have that guy--his name is Sam Dalembert..and you see where that got them. Id rather trade the pick and work out a trade of some sorts if it comes down to that.

smeags

putting dalembert's name in the same paragraph with anything that remotely claims he has talent is grounds for a court ordered suicide.

ice grillin you

henry couldnt take me off the dribble

you havent seen whiteside play if you think hes all defense...right now he is but there might not be two draftable guys on the planet right now that have nba post moves...however his offensive upside is ridiculous...like jahvale mcgee he will put on weight as well

id way rather have him and take my chances in hitting a home run than hope ed davis or greg monroe become a good nba player

MDS

they are getting a top 3 pick

dont worry about it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

here we go again

doug collins contacted
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD