2009-10 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 02, 2009, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i believe this year is a fluke but im still on board with holmgren...i cant hate on a guy that got his team to the finals no matter how it happened...and while hes not perfect hes made a bunch of good moves as well...

now i reserve the right to change my opinion if they suck next year miss the playoffs and then are rock bottom for another three or four years and all they ended up getting out of these huge and more importantly long deals is one flukey cup run then he will have some serious questions to answer...but for right now how can you want him gone...especially if you think they will contend for another year or two

another thing to think about is that what if the nhl didnt have their retarded lottery (theres no reason whatsoever this league should have one) and the flyers had kane and the black hawks reimsdyke...maybe the finbals end up differently...but even if they dont the future definitely is changed

carter
richards
kane
giroux

what a foursome...honestly tho it wouldnt change much if carle and/or coburn prove to not be a first pairing defense duo....i have an awful feeling that they had big years because of pronger being there allowing each one to play with a very good veteran dman...and if thats the case their defense is going to be in big trouble once pronger and timonen start to really fall off because theres nothing in the system on defense...certainly no one that projects to be a top pair guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

If Richards and Carter score like they can, and Giroux takes the next step....then at that point you just gotta hope Briere and someone else like a Hartnell or even a Leino can do what they did in the playoffs, during the regular season. Otherwise, they just don't have the offensive power to say they're only a goalie away. Especially if you're trading a Carter way to get that goalie. They got hot during the playoffs but let's not forget how abysmal their scoring was at points this season.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm good as long as they keep Arron Asham.

Seabiscuit36

I'm actually for trading away Carter at this point.  The guy has disappeared every playoffs he's played in, and sure he was injured, but his wrist wasnt hurt.  He had the game on his shot at Niemi, and he shot for the chest. 

What sucks is no way do they get back in the least bit next season, as most of you said, this was the luckiest thing i've ever seen.  And in the end, they still lost so its all a farging waste.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons