2009-10 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 02, 2009, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

They looked frigging awesome last night.

And the NHL is having a free preview so the games should be on everywhere until it ends.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on October 03, 2009, 06:54:03 AM
They looked frigging awesome last night.

And the NHL is having a free preview so the games should be on everywhere until it ends.
free center ice preview thru October 24th. 

Emery is so much more active and just positionally solid than Biron.  JVR had an assist, and i really thought he tipped it in on the one camera angle.  Kid is getting PP minutes and looks good so far.  Pronger creates space, and blocks everything. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

the answer to most NHL questions.............because Bettman sucks

MDS

I don't understand how this isn't as relevant as arena football. What's the difference
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Jew's dont skate, you wont get it. 

And lol at the 5 on 3 the refs called to start this game. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

no not hockey

the nhl

i like hockey, but this league is a such a travesty how can anything it produces matter

mpmcgraw

will you shut the farg up?

I watch MAYBE a handful of games a year, but I'm so sick of these moronic 5 years behind the curve cracks at the NHL that haven't been funny since Bush declared victory in Iraq. 

Rome

lol

that was funnier than Brodeur's performance in net tonight.  and that shtein was hysterical.

5-2 Flyers and it wasn't nearly that close.

Emery = God.

Sgt PSN

so they're 2-0, eh? 

go flyers!!*

* to be used as a point of reference should the flyers make it the cup finals so i can say that i've been here all along. 

PhillyGirl

That save was ridiculous by Emery tonight.

And the PK was awesome.

and JVR with 3 assists in his first 2 games.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

The only mistake JVR made was the too many men on the ice penalty when he inadvertently touched the puck immediately off the bench during a shift change.  I can't imagine the amount of bullshtein he's gonna take from his teammates over that one.

:-D

Other than that he played great.  So did the rest of the team, actually.  They were fast and opportunistic with the puck and for the most part they got back well on defense.

Hell, even delicate Crystal Duck Briere put his nose in there around the boards.

rjs246

Its ridiculous to declare anything after two games but I am in love with Ray Emery. Do you think he's seeing anyone?

Also I was entirely convinced that Carter's season last year was a fluke and that JVR would be useless. Happily mistaken on both points so far.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.