Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Torrey Pines....go for the experience alone. Get after it.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on September 04, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
Anyone know of a good course to play in San Diego? The 2 close to my hotel are Steel Canyon and Riverwalk, but I dont know about either of them.

Coronado Island has a nice course. Can you get on any base since you work at West Point?  If so, check out the course on North Island Naval Base...also on Coronado.  It's a nice course as well.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

I can, but the 9 guys I am bringing with me can't. I'm taking a bunch of guys from Budweiser out for the Army-SDSU game this weekend, and one of the idiots suggested we go golfing.

hbionic

White people and their white people problems.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

Quote from: DH on September 04, 2012, 02:42:52 PM
I can, but the 9 guys I am bringing with me can't. I'm taking a bunch of guys from Budweiser out for the Army-SDSU game this weekend, and one of the idiots suggested we go golfing.

someday, i'm going to hurt you and it's because of this sentence.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah tell ya what - you come fill in for me and I'll lead the nine fellas on the golf outing.

Deal?!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on September 04, 2012, 02:42:52 PM

If you can get on base, you should be able to sponsor them on with you.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

Shot a 96 today. How sad it is that I am excited.

Didn't have one three put the whole round. Kind of pissed at my back 9....Got a bar or bogey on every whole except two, one of those was a 10.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Even with a 10-4 sliding to a 10-6 that is still ridiculous.

U S A!

Rome

Quote from: Munson on September 29, 2012, 08:30:55 PM
Shot a 96 today. How sad it is that I am excited.

Didn't have one three put the whole round. Kind of pissed at my back 9....Got a bar or bogey on every whole except two, one of those was a 10.

I had my first lesson in 25 years on Wednesday.  It was a 30 minute session and all I changed was my grip.  Over the years it seems to have gotten weaker and weaker and it's the first thing the club pro noticed when I addressed the ball.  He let me hit 10 with my old swing and then had me hit 10 with the grip he insisted I try.  It was like a miracle.  It was very uncomfortable at the beginning but after I got used to it, I started booming the ball and didn't shank one afterward.  I shot a 39 on the back nine yesterday.  Unreal.

Munson

I had a tendency to grip my clubs way too hard, especially my driver, and it was creating a very inconsistent drive. I loosened up my grip and concentrated on having a more controlled, slow backswing and it made a huge difference. I still pulled/sliced a few, but they ones i'm hitting straight are more often and 30-40 yards longer. And the ones i'm slicing aren't slicing nearly as bad as they were.

I also was just putting really well yesterday. And my short irons were also pretty on point. Still need to work on my mid range irons.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

steve sucker

suck stricker

steven strickened with cancer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.