Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

hes got 1 more year of arb after this, so not a rental

very very good first 3 years. 2019 was average - looking at his splits it was a brutal september. last year was a lost year you can throw out. the thing that would concern me here is

1) jewish bloom is a top notch exec who i cannot imagine is in the business of getting rid of a good player
2) benintendi is exclusively a LF...played a little center but his dWAR is not good so he seems like a massive massive risk in center.
3) so this is a platoon with cutch? career 691 ops vs LHP is pretty bad
4) 15-20 homer guy on the corners isn't ideal.

but for moniak and whatever garbage AAA arm is in this proposal? sure
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

He will likely stink.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

I'm cool with Freddy coming back.

MDS

freddy's defense dropped a bit last year...id rather get simmons who is a much better version of galvis

bradley is a pretty decent signing. considering its the phillies his arm will fall off or something but hes been good and is 28
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

MDS

he wants like double this offer

PhillyPhreak54

Covid revenues ain't gonna bring it to him

General_Failure

How does a sport that has ten people at a regular season game afford such stupid contracts, anyway?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on January 15, 2021, 10:06:20 PM
How does a sport that has ten people at a regular season game afford such stupid contracts, anyway?

MDS

its a lot more than ten but have you seen the tv contracts

in-market games are typically the #1 or #2 rated things per night in each city. so like across philadelphia, phillies games do better than anything abc, cbs, etc. air. this is repeated in chicago, kansas city, seattle, etc. 162 times a year.

PhillyPhreak54

The $14 beers and $22 nachos ain't gonna consume themselves!

MDS

springer to the blue jays, which takes them out of jt

there really are no suitors left for him besides the phillies. lets see how they screw this up