Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

hof stark had a great tik tok on the dombrowski hire

the takeways
-they almost got levine from minnesota
-nobody is really trying to make the playoffs in 2021
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

They signed Neftali Feliz

Don Ho

Jose Alvarado. Thoughts?

Anyone?

Someone?

Talk to me please.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

If his arm doesn't fall off...good move. But I read something that said he has shoulder fatigue.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 30, 2020, 08:58:44 AM
If his arm doesn't fall off...good move. But I read something that said he has shoulder fatigue.

"Shoulder fatigue" tells me the clock is ticking for Tommy John.

MDS

its a no risk move since clevinger was never going to be anything (LA could unlock whatever potential he has but that was not happening with the phillies)

alvarado still has 3 years of control, rays trying to save money/bring flexibility to the roster...it was a chance to get a power arm for nothing. albeit a power arm with some red flags. probably wont work but worth a shot
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

phillies could have beaten the mets trade for lindor even with their garbage farm system....mets only gave up their #9 and 10 prospects.

issue of course is, realistically speaking, can they have 2 players on their roster on 10+ year deals for north of 300 million (because you dont trade for lindor then not sign him). even if middleton were not being a cheap ass, thats just a silly way to build things especially since you have no core to speak of

anyway blow it up

PhillyPhreak54

They traded for Sam Coonrod from SF

I think that dude is a big time MAGA dude

Don Ho

Coonrod?  When I said his name out loud after J's post my wife yelled "Racist" from the other room.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

A last name befitting of his politics.

ice grillin you

QuotePhillies have talked to the Red Sox about Andrew Benintendi for CF Mickey Moniak and a Triple-A arm.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

how bad is he if hes being traded for moniak

seems like a potential platoon with cutch in LF unless they want him to stand in CF half the time

PhillyPhreak54

If he gets Benintendi for Moniak shtein that's amazing.

Benintendi may not be great but he's had some MLB success at least