Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Lol they're hiring Dave Dombrowski

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 10, 2020, 02:27:24 PM

No complaints here. Who would you rather have?

Rome

White.  Male.  Elder.  Canned from last job for failing/cheating.   

Yep.  Never could have guessed it.

Rome

MDS

they are completely unfixable as presently constructed, so whoever the president/gm is really doesnt matter. you cant turn this into a 90 win team in one or three offseasons.

what they shouldve done is fire sold everything out and started over. i guess this is step 1 to getting there because after dombrowski fails to get past the nats or braves maybe thatll be the signal to cigar boy to start over
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on December 10, 2020, 02:53:56 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 10, 2020, 02:27:24 PM

No complaints here. Who would you rather have?

I don't have an answer exactly but someone who isn't a retread would be a start.

MDS

if you dont want a retread than all youre gonna get is some dweeb with an ivy league degree who runs an algorithm to tell him to take mickey moniak and kevin gowdy because 2 lottery tickets are better than 1
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They have more dead wood in that organization than the forest surrounding Chernobyl. 

But sure, I'm positive cancerman would totally hire Kim Ng to run his team.  No.  Really.

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 10, 2020, 07:46:30 PM
if you dont want a retread than all youre gonna get is some dweeb with an ivy league degree who runs an algorithm to tell him to take mickey moniak and kevin gowdy because 2 lottery tickets are better than 1

Yup...sort of like the Sixers...Doc isn't my ideal choice but I'll take him over some assistant like Lue

MDS

Quote from: Rome on December 10, 2020, 07:49:21 PM
They have more dead wood in that organization than the forest surrounding Chernobyl. 

But sure, I'm positive cancerman would totally hire Kim Ng to run his team.  No.  Really.

she went to chicago u which might be a better school than half the ivy's

dombrowski FLAMED OUT of cornell then wound up at western michigan. theres your hardscrabble american

PhillyPhreak54

Honestly idgaf who they hired. I just want a good team.

MDS

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on December 10, 2020, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 10, 2020, 07:46:30 PM

Yup...sort of like the Sixers...Doc isn't my ideal choice but I'll take him over some assistant like Lue

lue coached a team to an nba championship...im not arguing for him or against him but hes not exactly brad stevens when the celtics hired him or some young upstart analytics coach whose never been around the nba
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on December 11, 2020, 07:59:02 AM
Missed the point

lol

you were agreeing with lil guy about how you didnt want a retread then used lue as an example of some young inexperienced "assistant coach" when hes literally a retread head coach
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous