attn: cf fantasy baseball participants

Started by ice grillin you, February 08, 2008, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

most likely nothing to cover on a wednesday night so i should be able to make the draft, though ill be doing pages at the office so my focus wont be 100%

i propose moving it sunday night or monday night when ill be off, but im pretty sure igy is reading this right now and more focused on finishing his sausage links so ill accept the loss

though no one really works or does anything sunday night so...yea...just a thought
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

My first year ever doing fantasy baseball, and the first time any of us in the league did an auction ($260 salary) draft. It was only 8 teams though, so that made it easier for me to at least guess my way to a halfway decent team.

I am completely prepared to get raped in this league, and I went Phillies-heavy whenever I had no idea what else to do.

C-Ryan Doumit
1B-Ryan Howard
2B-Chase Utley
SS-Elvis Andrus
3B-David Wright
IF-Jose Reyes (puke)
OF-Justin Upton
OF-Matt Holliday
OF-Shane Victorino
OF-Brad Hawpe
UTIL-Jose Lopez

SP-Tim Lincecum
SP-Cole Hamels
SP-John Lackey
RP-Andrew Bailey
RP-Brian Fuentes
P-J.A. Happ
P-David Price
P-Mark Buerhle

Bench-Dan Uggla
Bench-Jason Heyward
Bench-Corey Hart (already have a waiver claim to drop him and add another closer)

I can't wait to finish in last.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

lol @ "truly gifted one" losing 10-3 to my buddy who thinks he has some kind of wonder bench and refuses to get a shortstop to temporarily replace jimmy rollins. he also pulled the jim johnson card this week. and still destroyed igy.

HA HA
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i just looked at my team for the first time this week and i have a pitcher with a 108.00 ERA and one with INF.

that means he could pitch forever and the game would never end.

MDS

it also means im runnin the train on you, gump bitch

ice grillin you

unless the rules have changed INF is good because it counts as 0.00 era

108.00 era is not good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

it's not good, INF is when a relief pitcher or whoever gives up runs and doesn't get an out...he technically doesn't have an inning pitched but he has runs to his line...thus the INF
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah but as of last year (i havent had a guy get it this year so i havent paid attention) yahoo counted it as 0.00 era

MDS

basically you add 1 er to your total with an IP....the INF doesnt even matter

today dennys reyes gave up 1 run in .1 innings so his era is 27, but scott jew feldman gave up 1 er in 6 innings, so my era is like 2.7 something for today. very solid.

ps my team is awesome

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

phattymatty

i just assumed INF stood for infinity.  which can't be good for a pitcher.

ice grillin you

thats what it does stand for...but i guess their stat computer program couldnt calculate infinity so it would always treat it as 0.00

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2010, 09:53:57 PM
who is serious player?

thats my boy, who joyfully texted me that he made a trade with sunmo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 30, 2010, 07:32:27 AM
joe

words cannot express how donovan-like your sense of humor is