The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 03, 2011, 02:30:54 PM
I thought an old fashioned is a hand job?

an old fashioned is a blow job from shore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2011, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 03, 2011, 02:30:54 PM
I thought an old fashioned is a hand job?

an old fashioned is a blow job from shore

Lol! Nice.

Been drinking this on tap for the past week I've been on vaca. It's from a micro brewery in Annapolis. Pretty tasty.

Munson

I posted about Fordham a couple years back. I went to total wine and they had free samples of it. I forget which ones i tried/liked though. They were decent.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

I like most any ale or lager, but this was really good on draft.

Diomedes

That's the same company that own's Ram's Head Tavern on West Street, whatever they call the location on General's Highway that used to be Rudy's, and the movie-theater-cum-nightclub Ram's Head Live in downtown Baltimore.

Their beer is alright, but doesn't compare to Brewer's Art or Heavy Seas, both in Baltimore.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

11.3%, 9%, 7%, 15%

the Theobroma is the only one I've ever had. The Pearl Jam one is some special beer Dogfish Head has put out in honor of Pearl Jam's 20 year anniversary or something.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Now, to be clear:  I agree.  Fordham makes good beer.  Better than most if not all macro-breweries.  I just don't think it compares to other locally brewed beers.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Munson on November 03, 2011, 06:52:24 PM
The Pearl Jam one is some special beer Dogfish Head has put out in honor of Pearl Jam's 20 year anniversary or something.

We visited the brewery and brewpub a couple of weekends ago. Left with 12 bottles of the stuff.

Have you visited 16 Mile yet?

Munson

To tell you the truth, this is only the 2nd time I'm hearing 16 mile. I keep forgetting to look for their stuff at Total Wine too, I've meant to the alst couple times. What's their beer like?

And how's the Pearl Jam stuff? Any good?

Susquehanna Birder

The 16 Mile stuff is okay. Nothing spectacular, but still good. We cruised over to the brewery in Georgetown, which was almost too much of a drive for what we got.

The Pearl Jam brew is good. Nothing really freaky. Mild even. Then again, I'm currently drinking a world wide stout.

Munson

Haha I still haven't tried that stuff yet. I'm not a big stout guy at all, I don't even like Guinness...but the 18% alcohol makes me want to try it.

The Olde School is 15% and has the light green caps like the WWS and 120 bottles do, so I'm excited to try it. The website and the bottles both recommend aging it a little, so I might keep a bottle of it to the side and save it for a year or so. Any experience with aging beer? What's a good temp/environment to keep it in?

The Immort Ale is supposed to be coming out soon, but Total Wine told me they didn't know of any shipments they were getting which sucks. I had that stuff at Timothy's Newark on draft and it was delicious. Apparently the owner there is good friends with Sam so he gets a lot of stuff other bars don't...which is true, since I've seen they've had Immort Ale and My Antonia on tap there before, and they're also one of the few bars to get 120 kegs anymore it seems.

Seabiscuit36

My old boss surfs with Sam all the time. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

I think I've had the Immort, but it's lost in my aging memory banks.

I picked up a couple of WWS bottles whenever I visited Total Wine (the one in Claymont is just ridiculous!). I had one at the tailgate on Sunday. I was going to celebrate International Stout Day with a Kalamazoo Stout, but then I remembered that I had the WWS.

I'm not a huge fan of the 120. Probably sacrilege, but while I like a good IPA, that 120 is just too crazy strong.

As far as aging goes, I haven't gone out of the way to age 'em for the sake of aging. It's more like the fact that between the kids and I, we have a bunch of one-off bottles in the garage, and we drink 'em when we're in the mood. Lately they've been neglected because the boy got a kegerator, and he has a sixtel of Punkin and a sixtel of Sahtea. (Like I said before, it would be a dangerous thing if I lived in Sussex County.) I'm pretty sure that as long as the temp doesn't get too extreme, and you keep the light away, they should age pretty nicely.

Munson

Haha the Claymont one is where I do my shopping too, decided to go there today and buy myself the birthday presents I posted in that pic. They almost always seem to have the World Wide Stout in stock. I've tried a bunch of other beers thanks to that place too. Still looking for Legacy Brewing's "Brown Aled Girl"...I had it at Firewaters once and havn't been able to find it since. Claymont Total Wine told me once they were expecting a shipment of it, and then never got it in. Sad times.

I love 120, it's just too heavy to have more then 2. Then again, if you have 2, you're probably down for the count anyway :-D But they just make me feel so full, which is my only complaint.

My bank account would be emptier then it already is if I lived near the Dogfish brewpub. I'm praying every day they decide to open one up here in North Wilmington. They'd get so much business if they did. When I finally enter the real world, I'll probably go the way of your son and buy a kegerator and just buy kegs of Dogfish to have at all times.