The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMH

Just got introduced to Bulleit (not a typo) bourbon.  Very tasty, and cheaper than Makers.

Don Ho

Thanks for the heads up M.  I was at the store the other day and almost bought a bottle of Makers.  I'll give this a try.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 05, 2011, 12:19:37 AM
I'm up in Philly now. When I was up over Christmas I gave my buddy a bottle of Bookers bourbon to try. I went back with another bottle a couple of nights ago for us. I saw in his office he had 11 empty boxes of the Bookers lying off in a corner shelf. It comes in a wood box. I believe his goal is to collect enough to build a house for Habitat for Humanity. I'm a good influence.

Send this man to Hawaii!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Actually tried Makers the other night for the first time. I prefer Bulleit too.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Don Ho on July 05, 2011, 12:49:11 AM
Quote from: Eagaholic on July 05, 2011, 12:19:37 AM
I'm up in Philly now. When I was up over Christmas I gave my buddy a bottle of Bookers bourbon to try. I went back with another bottle a couple of nights ago for us. I saw in his office he had 11 empty boxes of the Bookers lying off in a corner shelf. It comes in a wood box. I believe his goal is to collect enough to build a house for Habitat for Humanity. I'm a good influence.

Send this man to Hawaii!

He's a pretty good carpenter when he's not flamable.

Don Ho

I was hoping to get him out here tonight to liven up my neighbors 4th shindig.  Tequila about to flow.

Eagaholic

Funny, but my friend used to drink tequila before he tried Bookers. I had also turned him onto Patron some time ago. He's the guy who usually takes me to Eagles games, so it's give to give back.

Question, Don - is there any technique to body surfing? A friend of mine did it and a wave came down and drove his head into the sand. He ended up fracturing a vertebra.

Btw, I can never think about going to Hawaii without hearing that I wanna go to Hawaii, YAY!YAY! from Special Ed going through my mind.

Don Ho

Actually there is a technique.  Getting slammed into the sand is normal.  Its just taken years of bodysurfing to learn how to wipeout and knowing the particular break you're at. I grew up here and when we would bodysurf we try and ride with the curl, sliding east or west - parallel to the shore.  When I went to school on the east coast we went up to Hampton Beach in NH for Labor Day weekend and the waves were awesome.  Water was cold as crap but the waves were so clean.  I got some of my best rides ever and I had no fins.  One of my friends said "you're doing it all wrong".  They were all going straight in the white wash towards shore.  There are a couple of insane breaks not far from my house - Sandy Beach and Makapu'u.  Sandy is just straight sick. People get hurt there on a daily basis.  You'll see an ambulance pulling in or out of the parking lot 9 times out of 10.  It was small today but fun.

Rome

I surfed at Sandy Beach using a BZ body board when I was 16.   Almost killed myself.  At 4-6 feet those waves are nasty.  Anything above 6' is ludicrous.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Don Ho on July 05, 2011, 01:25:20 AM
Actually there is a technique.  Getting slammed into the sand is normal.  Its just taken years of bodysurfing to learn how to wipeout and knowing the particular break you're at. I grew up here and when we would bodysurf we try and ride with the curl, sliding east or west - parallel to the shore.  When I went to school on the east coast we went up to Hampton Beach in NH for Labor Day weekend and the waves were awesome.  Water was cold as crap but the waves were so clean.  I got some of my best rides ever and I had no fins.  One of my friends said "you're doing it all wrong".  They were all going straight in the white wash towards shore.  There are a couple of insane breaks not far from my house - Sandy Beach and Makapu'u.  Sandy is just straight sick. People get hurt there on a daily basis.  You'll see an ambulance pulling in or out of the parking lot 9 times out of 10.  It was small today but fun.

Cool, I'll pass it along to my friend. If it takes him years to get it down he'll probably get it by 80 y/o, something to shoot for.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on July 05, 2011, 07:35:22 AM
I surfed at Sandy Beach using a BZ body board when I was 16.   Almost killed myself.  At 4-6 feet those waves are nasty.  Anything above 6' is ludicrous.

We've had some good size surf the past few days.  I'll forward some sick shtein from Sandy Beach.  Some real big stuff due in this weekend.  10+!!!

Don Ho

IGY,

The tequila my friend served the other weekend was called "Senor Rio".  Pretty good stuff.

Yeti

Been making the girls Singapore Slings this summer.  Too sweet for me but the chicks dig them.

Big Glass
1 oz grenadine
add crushed ice
2 oz sour mix
1 oz gin
2 oz club soda
1 oz brandy
Throw a cherry and orange slice in and stir.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Diomedes

who are "the girls?"  your sheep?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Are you wearing your smoking jacket while mixing and have the cigarette holder thing going?