The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, they are decent, too. Also Forest & Main in Ambler.

On one of the recent tailgates, we had a variety pack from Voodoo Brewery, which is out in the Erie part of the state. Nothing in that case was less than 7.2%. We almost finished it. And it was a 1:00 game.

Eagaholic

I picked up a Dogfish 20 anniversary the other day. No idea if it will be any good, but it is 17% so it can't be a total loss.

smeags

Tried neshaminy creek brewing's churchville lager. Wasn't bad but I wonder if that croydon water was the reason I got the shteins afterwards.

They do have one called concrete pillow ... 12.7% abv
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

Quote from: Eagaholic on November 09, 2015, 04:10:52 PM
I picked up a Dogfish 20 anniversary the other day. No idea if it will be any good, but it is 17% so it can't be a total loss.

Dogfish Head is a solid bet any day of the week.

Eagaholic

I like their 90. I got some of their 120 min this year but supposedly it's best to let it sit for a year or two before drinking so I'll probably I'll do that.

rjs246

Quote from: smeags on November 09, 2015, 04:19:33 PM
Tried neshaminy creek brewing's churchville lager. Wasn't bad but I wonder if that croydon water was the reason I got the shteins afterwards.

Their owner/operator is a friend of mine from PSU. Shape of Hops to Come (double IPA) is supposed to be fantastic. I've never traveled up there to try and they don't distribute down here so I can't vouch for it but I totally know the dude.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on November 09, 2015, 12:50:46 PM
cool spot, you mean

I really don't know personally.  He seems to enjoy it, which is nice.

smeags

Quote from: rjs246 on November 09, 2015, 04:55:18 PM
Quote from: smeags on November 09, 2015, 04:19:33 PM

Their owner/operator is a friend of mine from PSU. Shape of Hops to Come (double IPA) is supposed to be fantastic. I've never traveled up there to try and they don't distribute down here so I can't vouch for it but I totally know the dude.

Nice. Damn they have a big selection. Right down,the road from my dad's. Be over there thruday. Maybe I'll stop in and check,it,out.

smeags

Well went to NCB... Got a six pack of the JAWN selection for Sunday's game. Pretty good. Not a high ABV though. Still the highlight of the day. Thanks chip.

PhillyPhreak54

Still haven't tried Not Your Fathers Root beer yet

But just saw they're now making Not Your Fathers Ginger Ale

I gotta get both now

On another note - crushing some rum punch tonight like a champ. Forgot I was gonna drink tonight and took my pain meds when I got home. Oops

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 25, 2015, 10:39:43 PM
Still haven't tried Not Your Fathers Root beer yet

I had it a couple weeks ago...forgot to post it...its unbelievably sweet...I had two and almost couldn't finish the second one cause it was pure sugar....really does taste exactly like root beer...so much so that you might not think there is any alcohol in it...but it also is way weaker than what someone on this board said....its only 5.8....still decent for what it tastes like and it would farg up a amateur or someone who doesn't drink much...but it was kinda disappointing finding out it was only that much after talking in the thread a couple weeks ago that is was something ridiculous like 15%
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

So it's like a soda in the sense that one can hit the spot (like a real Coke on a hot day) but any ones after that first and it's too sweet and syrupy?

I was at dinner and out for drinks with a beer snob a couple weeks ago at my work conference. Halfway through dinner I began to wonder if I could get away with murdering him with my steak knife. Had a comment for the beer that everyone ordered especially the dude who was drinking coors light. He ended up drinking some double ipa 3476min chocolate pubic hair ale and drank it with his pinkie sticking out.

ice grillin you

its like a soda in that it literally tastes like a root beer....you cant even taste a hint of alcohol...the only difference was that it wasnt as carbonated as a root beer...which yes made it too syrupy for me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Ok gotcha - yeah it sounds like I'd enjoy one or two and that's it

Diomedes

I couldn't stomach more than a taste.  Far too sweet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger