Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I'd have gone with You Saw My Blinker, Bitch myself.  Fresh Prince came at old ladies harder than a mother farger on that track. 

Diomedes

No Beasties at all, come now.  The Coup also missing entirely.  And J-Live gets on only once, and barely?

B-
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

funny you say that because 'car thief' by the beasties was just about the last cut

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2012, 09:15:43 PM
funny you say that because 'car thief' by the beasties was just about the last cut

Just after Fresh Prince, right? 

Just out of curiosity....what are you basing your list on?  Structure, beat, lyrics, flow, message, social/political relevance? 

ice grillin you

just my taste...these are my favorite songs period....theres no in depth thinking going here....its just what i think sounds the best

all the factors you mentioned certainly go towards my liking of each song but none of them were considered when making the list....if that makes any sense at all

ice grillin you

my tapes from when i was a young buck recording shtein off the radio...cosmic kev power 99

Sgt PSN

Hahahaha......I hated taping shtein off the radio because the DJ either kept talking over the start of the song I wanted to record or he'd jump in and start talking towards the end and farg that shtein up.  Either that or I'd get distracted and wind up taping like 20 minutes of music I didn't even want so then I'd have to rewind and try to find the right place on the tape to start recording again.  And naturally while I was doing that, a jam would come on that I really wanted. 

ice grillin you

worse than the mouthpiece was the actual dj who would cut and fade every song so that you had to listen to the first few bars of the opening verse 700 times....then finally the song would run...

Sgt PSN

I didn't mind it when they mixed it up a little bit, but yeah, sometimes they were out of control.  When they played out the first few bars of a song though, that was the perfect warning for you to get your finger ready to hit record.  Worst thing was when you were in the middle of recording a song and ran out of tape.  Or if you knew that you were getting close to running out, you were sweating it and trying to peep in through the little piece of clear plastic on the tape deck to see how much tape was left as you're recording.  Getting a recording with minimal talking on the front and back ends of a song was like hitting the lottery.   

ice grillin you

i had a dual casette deck so i didnt have to worry about running out of tape...i also had friends who were doing the same thing so bwtn all of us we would trade back n forth and get the best recording

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2012, 11:06:29 PM
my tapes from when i was a young buck recording shtein off the radio...cosmic kev power 99

That's awesome. You are a true hip-hop relic.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

you thought i was lying all this time?

hbionic

Never doubted for a second.  8)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05