The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

its steadily gotten worse for like the past four/five years and has now officially fallen off a cliff...either dont have it or dont call it rock the bells but all it is now is douchebag central with some old school acts mixed in
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

yeah, it's done.  Last one i went to was the one where Beenie got whisked off the stage by the popo for the shooting across the river. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

ive never been to one...in fact in my entire life ive probably been to only 20 rap concerts and 17 of them were atrocious....rap just doesnt translate live at all...back in the day it was worth going to some just to hear the dj's spin pre show and btwn acts...but now they dont even bump good music when they do that

Seabiscuit36

Without a doubt.  Rap concerts only translate somewhat well in small venues. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

even then the sound is usually awful

Dillen

I went to see Snoop a couple years ago, the place was really small, I thought it was pretty dope. Only rap show I've been to, I doubt I'd go again. All the openers were pretty bad, for the first hour and a half you saw little puffs of pot smoke go up from the crowd, and the second he walked on stage the entire place was hotboxed, pretty hilarious

SunMo

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1477472436

buddy of mine wrote that for anyone interested.  i haven't read it yet, have no idea if it's good or bad.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

cool idea...but the artists they choose to list is so bizzare

i also realize its not one of the boroughs but how do you not include long island (public enemy - rakim - de la ect...)

Diomedes

I knew it would fail the igy fanboy test, not least because even I know that Yonkers should have been included:  DMX and Jadakiss got started up there.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

they list jin...a horrible mtv/106 and park battle rapper who has never made a single good song in his life.....oh and hes from miami but lived in ny

and i wont even mention the numerous other acts they listed who not more five people in the world have ever heard of

but i dont see a diamond d beatnuts organized konfusion or digable planets or many other hip-hop legends

then they list young mc who was born in england moved to new york and then spent his entire musical career in los angeles

but no guru who is from boston but spent his entire career and adult life in brooklyn...or slick rick who is also born in england but moved to the bx when he was like 10

like i said cool idea....but the execution leaves a lot to be desired....theres just no rhyme or reason to it

i suggest letting me do it next time

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2012, 10:04:26 AMtheres no rhyme or reason to it

Yeah, I'm sure you could beat it.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on June 12, 2012, 10:18:05 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2012, 10:04:26 AMtheres no rhyme or reason to it

Yeah, I'm sure you could beat it.

Ok, so was that a rap pun or a Michael Jackson pun or both, because either way, high five.