The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

No idea why but I was rockin this album at the gym yesterday, brought back a shteinload of memories: Fu-Schnickens - True Fuschnick

ice grillin you

i used to love that album but it hasnt aged very well...one of my favorite memories when i was growing up was seeing the video for la schmoove...back in the day before the internet you didnt know when albums were coming out much less who was on them...and often videos would come out before albums....so when phife jumped out at the end of the video i remember going nuts in my basement...callin my boy and being like you see this!!...his verse is so good to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emtuLrpUoH4
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 23, 2010, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 22, 2010, 10:17:45 PM
Was rocking some UMC'S today. "I'm poppa large, big Shot on the East Coast" ahhhh memories!!

umc's are NOT ultragmag

woops, thought that was there abreviation

ice grillin you

im just playin...its just a nerdy pet peeve of mine that used to happen all the time...but umc's are indeed their own group who had a classic album in 'fruits of nature'

phillymic2000

yes I do remember them that was the early 90's right?

ice grillin you

phillymic2000

Hey IGY, have you, or do you listen to the X-Clan? Their Xodus CD is crazy good, all their stuff is good, but the Xodus cd is thier best imo. Professor X (RIP) was a better hype man then the likes of Flava Flav. Brother J's delivery and voice is sick, the album return to mecca in 05/06 had a couple good cuts, weapon X, vodoo, aragom and locomotion, were good. But they really miss X. tight shtein from these guys.

ice grillin you

lol

i dont know whats funnier you asking me if i listen to them or writing an entire paragraph on them and not mentioning to the east blackwards...i used to crush that album when i was in college...it was hilarious scaring all the catholic kids at lasalle with hate whitey rap....its one of the best mmmm 5 or 6 hip-hop records ever made...its everything public enemy should have been

brother j is also on the shortlist of goat mc's

im not really into their 'newer' stuff but if you like it check out dark sun riders...it was a group bro j put together that released a decent album back in 96...i bet youd like it quite a bit

Munson

At least we know what IGY looked like in college now

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 24, 2010, 07:11:33 AM
lol

i dont know whats funnier you asking me if i listen to them or writing an entire paragraph on them and not mentioning to the east blackwards...i used to crush that album when i was in college...it was hilarious scaring all the catholic kids at lasalle with hate whitey rap....its one of the best mmmm 5 or 6 hip-hop records ever made...its everything public enemy should have been

brother j is also on the shortlist of goat mc's

im not really into their 'newer' stuff but if you like it check out dark sun riders...it was a group bro j put together that released a decent album back in 96...i bet youd like it quite a bit

Yes to the east blackwards was good, I was just listening to Xodus in the car yesterday on the way home and thought I'd ask. I have heard dark sun riders. Brother J is just so tight.

Diomedes

This should be a minute shorter, otherwise, I think it's good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyY70LE2D-Y&feature=related
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger