The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah alchemist is trash...he made a couple amazing beats back in the 90's...work the angles might be the most famous underground song of all time and open mic night was real good but overall he blows

very few whiteys got soul and he aint one of them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

West Coast flag

I'm trashy and enjoy my Eastern Conference shtein
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 05, 2009, 12:40:41 PM
yeah alchemist is trash...he made a couple amazing beats back in the 90's...work the angles might be the most famous underground song of all time and open mic night was real good but overall he blows

very few whiteys got soul and he aint one of them

Don't forget E=MC2...that was a dope beat. Not sure if Evidence was the one who produced it or Alchemist.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 05, 2009, 12:42:08 PM
West Coast flag

I'm trashy and enjoy my Eastern Conference shtein

That is borderline wigger shtein. You don't happen to wear a hoodie, do you?  :)

ice grillin you

no that was al...i forgot about that...its ok...he probably has one or two decent other beats that im not thinking of but overall hes weak...his shtein is way to clean sounding...and his loops so boring...and most of all like i said theres just no soul to his shtein...because most of his beats are made with a computer and not sampled
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

not at all.  I'm the type of rap listener that confuses people. 

Why didnt you join a gang? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

hbionic

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 05, 2009, 12:47:45 PM

They don't take mexicans with sweaters tied around their neck and penny loafers.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: hbionic on June 05, 2009, 12:50:00 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 05, 2009, 12:47:45 PM

They don't take mexicans with sweaters tied around their neck and penny loafers.
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 05, 2009, 12:42:08 PM
West Coast flag

Seabiscuit36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-2mtG15YJY

I never liked Copywrite though, Couldnt stand his Steelers jersey

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 05, 2009, 12:47:11 PM
theres just no soul to his shtein...because most of his beats are made with a computer and not sampled

really?  does stealing sampling someone else's beats somehow inject soul into your own music? 

hbionic

From Dictionary.com:

soul
  /soʊl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sohl] Show IPA ,
–noun
1.    the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.
2.    the spiritual part of humans regarded in its moral aspect, or as believed to survive death and be subject to happiness or misery in a life to come: arguing the immortality of the soul.
3.    the disembodied spirit of a deceased person: He feared the soul of the deceased would haunt him.
4.    the emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments.
5.    the sampling of another artists's music
6.    high-mindedness; noble warmth of feeling, spirit or courage, etc.
7.    the animating principle; the essential element or part of something.
8.    the inspirer or moving spirit of some action, movement, etc.
9.    the embodiment of some quality: He was the very soul of tact.
10.    (initial capital letter) Christian Science. God; the divine source of all identity and individuality.
11.    shared ethnic awareness and pride among black people, esp. black Americans.
12.    deeply felt emotion, as conveyed or expressed by a performer or artist.
13.    soul music.
–adjective
14.    of, characteristic of, or for black Americans or their culture: soul newspapers.

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 05, 2009, 01:21:23 PM
theres just no soul to his shtein...because most of his beats are made with a computer and not sampled

really?  does stealing sampling someone else's beats somehow inject soul into your own music? 

my finger has been pushing F5 repeatedly waiting for an answer to this question from the most soulful kid here

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on June 05, 2009, 01:26:39 PM
From Dictionary.com:

soul
  /soʊl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sohl] Show IPA ,
–noun
1.    the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.
2.    the spiritual part of humans regarded in its moral aspect, or as believed to survive death and be subject to happiness or misery in a life to come: arguing the immortality of the soul.
3.    the disembodied spirit of a deceased person: He feared the soul of the deceased would haunt him.
4.    the emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments.
5.    the sampling of another artists's music
6.    high-mindedness; noble warmth of feeling, spirit or courage, etc.
7.    the animating principle; the essential element or part of something.
8.    the inspirer or moving spirit of some action, movement, etc.
9.    the embodiment of some quality: He was the very soul of tact.
10.    (initial capital letter) Christian Science. God; the divine source of all identity and individuality.
11.    shared ethnic awareness and pride among black people, esp. black Americans.
12.    deeply felt emotion, as conveyed or expressed by a performer or artist.
13.    soul music.
–adjective
14.    of, characteristic of, or for black Americans or their culture: soul newspapers.

your creative editing has soul

Quote from: reese125 on June 05, 2009, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 05, 2009, 01:21:23 PM

my finger has been pushing F5 repeatedly waiting for an answer to this question from the most soulful kid here

shut up.   

reese125

its like that? I got you