The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

naw...what happened?

I heard that he had taken a picture with puffy as a joke. That puffy thought it was some fans wanting to take a pic...but he felt the picture was ironic in that he's taking a picture with puffy. I think because of musical ideologies.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

no he took it with puffy for real...then had a fit when people started posting it online and threatened to sue...all because his gay little fans from montana dont like stillupfront rap
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Some of my recent download from yesterday.  IGY give me some other good shtein to look at. 

type  name 
     Brand Nubian - Everything is Everything
     Artifacts - That's Them
     Charizma & Peanut Butter Wolf - Big Shots
     Jel - Soft Money
     Missin Linx - M.I.A. VLS
     Devin the Dude - Weed, Wine, Women (Johnny Blaze Presents)
     The Psycho Realm - The Psycho Realm
     Rob Sonic - Sabotage Gigante
     Bushwick Bill - Little Big Man
     Brother Reade - Rap Music
     Devin the Dude - The Dude
     Semi.Official - The Anti-Album
     Del the Funky Homosapien - Eleventh Hour
     Eminem - Infinite
     LMNO - Leave My Name Out
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

hard to say without knowing what you have

plus your tastes are definitely different from mine

in a million years i would never listen to most of that stuff you just posted

can you pretty much find on the net any album thats ever been made...or are like old out of print hip-hop albums hard to find

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 12, 2008, 08:43:21 AM
hard to say without knowing what you have

plus your tastes are definitely different from mine

in a million years i would never listen to most of that stuff you just posted

can you pretty much find on the net any album thats ever been made...or are like old out of print hip-hop albums hard to find

Yeah i know that i like some of the ish your not a fan of at all, oddly they sound like your boy Digs.  Anyway, yeah for the most part, if its been released its available on the site i use. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

truth be told if digs wasnt my man id probably not listen to his album...but it is way better than i thought it would be and its not horrible

heres a few great records you may not have

no id - accept your own and be yourself
kurious - a constipated monkey
poor righteous teachers - holy intellect
H2O - ism and blues

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 12, 2008, 08:51:46 AM
truth be told if digs wasnt my man id probably not listen to his album...but it is way better than i thought it would be and its not horrible

heres a few great records you may not have

no id - accept your own and be yourself
kurious - a constipated monkey
poor righteous teachers - holy intellect
H2O - ism and blues
you went deep there, only have Poor Righteous Teachers. 

if you were on this site, you'd be a wealth of oldschool

and LOL at "This Thread is AWFUL" there is a bunch of horrible albums in there, mostly that dirty south crap or WC gansta rap shtein

phattymatty

i listened to the new del, eleventh hour, over the last few days and i don't think i like it.  i'm gonna give it another chance but so far it's thumbs down.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phattymatty on March 12, 2008, 09:27:03 AM
i listened to the new del, eleventh hour, over the last few days and i don't think i like it.  i'm gonna give it another chance but so far it's thumbs down.
ive head that from a few people.  I downloaded but havent listened yet. 

Magical_Retard

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 12, 2008, 08:38:29 AM

Eminem - Infinite

lyrically his best work. if only the beats did not make the ear bleed. he needs to re master it or get dre to provide him with some new beats for those verses. difference between that eminem and todays eminem is night and day. sad when artists lose all their ability to write once they make it big.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

ice grillin you

slimp shady ep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> infinite

eminem is not meant to be taken in large doses as his shteins gets old...but the ss ep is so perfect at a tight 7 songs and all of them dope as hell its by far the best thing hes ever done

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 13, 2008, 08:33:47 AM
slimp shady ep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> infinite

eminem is not meant to be taken in large doses as his shteins gets old...but the ss ep is so perfect at a tight 7 songs and all of them dope as hell its by far the best thing hes ever done
without a doubt.  I remember the day that album dropped, i picked up that and Prince Paul Prince Among Thieves.  Rockbottom to me is just an amazing song. 

ice grillin you

youre talking about slim shady LP...which is also tedious and overly long...has some really good songs tho

im talking about the slim shady EP...it came out in 97...only about 150 cd's were pressed...im lucky enough to have gotten one...they go for upwards of 750 bucks...its unbelievably good and one of the best eps in hip-hop history

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 13, 2008, 01:16:02 PM
youre talking about slim shady LP...which is also tedious and overly long...has some really good songs tho

im talking about the slim shady EP...it came out in 97...only about 150 cd's were pressed...im lucky enough to have gotten one...they go for upwards of 750 bucks...its unbelievably good and one of the best eps in hip-hop history
no shtein, didnt know that.  How are the beats?

is this the format of the EP?
Artist: Eminem
Album: The Slim Shady EP
Format: MP3 192kbps

1. Intro (Slim Shady) 1:07
2. Low Down Dirty 4:46
3. If I Had... 4:09
4. Just Don't Give A F*ck 4:05
5. Mommy 0:38
6. Just The Two Of Us 4:22
7. No One's Iller 5:01
8. Murder Murder 4:36
9. If I Had... 4:09
10. Just Don't Give A F*ck 4:04

ice grillin you

beats are incredible rhymes are incredible

like i said its on the short list of best ep's ever made