The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Diomedes

I used to wear an outfit like that when I was a dishwasher too.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Anyone hear of HEXX?  Found a nice track with Method Man called Street Stories
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Magical_Retard

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

phattymatty

chocha.

i got a lesson in spinning tonight from my boy.  i'm pretty good for a beginner.

seabiscuit, whats the deal with oink.  not working for me.

Seabiscuit36

Same here phatty, i dont know if the servers are having problems or if they got shut down.  I'm still trying to find out?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

CRU- Pronto

A d.j. was playing good hip-hop (classic shtein) last night at a bar and he busted out this song. I hadn't heard it in years.

I just throught I'd raise those nostalgic hairs on the  back of yo neckz!

Classic beat!

*side note, if you are not familiar with CRU, another one of my favs from them is 'Bubbling'.  :yay
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

da dirty 30 is one of the slept on records of all time and the best album of 1997...would be a straight up top 25 classic if the album didnt fall off at the end...up until 'the illz' its certified heat

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

The fourth edition of VH1's Hip-Hop Honors returns for 2007 with a lengthy list of honorees and performers. This year's official list of honorees includes A Tribe Called Quest, Snoop Dogg, Whodini, Missy Elliott along with Teddy Riley and Andre Harrell for the sub genre New Jack Swing. Ciara, Eve, Pharrell Williams, The Game, T.I., Timbaland, Busta Rhymes, Common, T-Pain, Bow Wow and Nick Cannon will all participate in VH1's annual tribute to a selected group of Hip-Hop luminaries.

Stand up comedian and actor Tracy Morgan, of NBC's 30 Rock, will reprise his role as the event's host. The Roots will likely continue to serve as the official house band, Chris Rock will also make an appearance and the 25th Anniversary of the Hip-Hop film Wild Style will also be observed. Hip-Hop Honors 2007 will air October 8 at 10 p.m. EST/PST.

The show will be taped at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on October 4, and while tickets for the general public will likely be limited, fans can still get involved by participating in "The Score," which will allow an unsigned producer to work with Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson. Additionally, tickets are still available for the Hip-Hop Honors Tour, which features The Roots, Big Daddy Kane, MC Lyte and others.

Magical_Retard

new jay z single:

http://rs181.rapidshare.com/files/57114630/Blue_Magic__Hot_97_Rip_by_ruff_.mp3

pretty hot....not a radio single really but i like it.

and the kanye album is pretty good as well.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

ice grillin you

Hip Hop Live! Tour
Ghostface Killah
Rakim

*All backed by the Rhythm Roots All Stars (10-Piece Band)

dates:

10/29 Los Angeles, CA @ House Of Blues
10/30 San Diego, CA @ 4th & B
10/31 Long Beach, CA @ Vault 350
11/01 Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst
11/02 San Francisco, CA @ Mezzanine
11/03 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
11/04 Seattle, WA @ Showbox
11/07 Park City, UT @ Harry O's
11/08 Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
11/09 Aspen, CO @ Belly Up Aspen
11/10 Kansas City, MO @ Beaumont Club
11/11 Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
11/12 Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
11/13 Bloomington, IN @ Bluebird Nightclub
11/15 New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
11/16 New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
11/18 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
11/21 Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero

PhillyPhreak54

igy, what was the name of that Black Moon song you had goin at the tailgate on Monday?

ice grillin you

"i got cha opin"

fyi - theres an amazing remix as well...its not as good as the og imo but it was much more popular so if youre looking to download the song you may run into the remix more often than the album version that you heard sunday

original version snippet link....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000000ZSY001010/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_010/103-7588319-7371804

remix youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYzurHx1zeM