The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2007, 09:06:21 AM
a couple years ago he got shot in dc in an attempted carjacking...he sunsequently refused police help...didnt want medical attention nor would he give any info to the cops about the incident

cam an idiot yes

cam fake no

That's pretty hard.  How did he get himself patched up without medical attention?  Is there a underground Wu Tang hospital or something?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on April 20, 2007, 10:05:01 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2007, 09:06:21 AM
a couple years ago he got shot in dc in an attempted carjacking...he sunsequently refused police help...didnt want medical attention nor would he give any info to the cops about the incident

cam an idiot yes

cam fake no

That's pretty hard.  How did he get himself patched up without medical attention?  Is there a underground Wu Tang hospital or something?
The most respeked doctor being
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

How did he get himself patched up without medical attention?

i dont recall all the facts right now but he went to a hospital...it may have been the next day or later that night in NY...it may have been in DC but he went there on his own...

i didnt mean to say he didnt go to a hospital he just didnt accept the help from police....didnt want them to call an ambulance ect...he got back in his car at the scene and rolled
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

obviously, he weren't hurt real bad

still, hard.  I like this cat.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

he was shot twice....arm shoulder or something like that...but no he didnt take one to the chest  or head

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2007, 10:47:43 AM
he was shot twice....arm shoulder or something like that...but no he didnt take one to the chest  or head

"Tis but a Flesh Wound"
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2007, 08:44:14 PM
classic ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oLGjhpY9jM

btw, this Principal needs to stop using "conversate" in his formal speech.  it's one thing to use ghetto slang in the ghetto, quite another when your representing your school on national television.  This dude's kids need to be able to speak proper English when the circumstance requires...Mr. Principal needs to set the example.

Rome

He's just keepin' it rizzeal, Dio.

hbionic

Two recommended downloads:

1. Madness in a cup- Mr. Lif
2. Post Mortem - Jean Grae
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phillymic2000

Cam'rom is an author and a reporter, just ask him :-D

He also said you have to have parents to be in school. And they need to have more parent teacher conference's, cause where I work only about half of the parents/guardians show up for conferences.  :-D

ice grillin you

1. Madness in a cup- Mr. Lif

im not normally down with your nerd rap hb but this song is the truth....came out in 96 tho....before the downhicks from alberta tried to take over "underground" hip-hop

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2007, 11:05:02 PM

before the downhicks from alberta tried to take over "underground" hip-hop

I don't get it. Elaborate. Por favor.

ice grillin you

in the late 90's the downhick movement led by anticon sole buck65 el p and all those losers from maine and minnesota and canada tried to tell everyone that they were "real" hip-hop...and every one else was disagracing the art...when in fact all those cats were the worst thing that has ever existed in rap...

yes worse than vanilla ice...worse than the jigaboo shtein of today...worse than rappin rodney even

hbionic

I hate to keep beating on a dead horse, but it's hard to ignore the door that Company Flow opened up. I certainly considered them underground.

Now, all of these other 1-timers that haven't really made an impact, we'll...they really haven't done shtein.

Just because they 'hang' with a crew or open for them...doesn't mean they're any good.

The whole El-P sound to me is like a different branch of hip-hop, kind of abstract art, like wearing a purple shirt farging shirt, not the most popular, but it can be done.

I do agree, alot of artists think they can just put shtein on wax and its automatically dope.

phattymatty

i like a lot of nerd rap.  blackalicious, aesop rock, kool keith, jurrasic 5 (although i don't consider them nerd rap, they have the best party music of all time).

i'm still wu-tang inside though.