The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if you can find it...should be on soulseek...look for his song 'no exit'....the beat is just incredible....and the chorus says it all...

"i wanna get out this relationship.....but im scared that my man will flip.....he always swears how hes gonna kill me....and fill me with the bullets from his clip"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i'm always sprung once I feel your tongue in the crack of my ass just eatin me stillupfront's mom

thats gonna be in my head all day.

Dillen

:-D @ the "stillupfront" censor.

phattymatty

yeah i never knew what that censored either.

Dillen

I knew it due to the one time Feva said "my stillupfront's mom" to me.

Feva

Ha!  Fo' sho, my stillupfront's mom...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Dillen

Anyone listen to Tech N9ne? If not, you should. Usually there's a small number of songs by someone that you think "wow, what the hell was he thinking?" I like every single song I've ever heard by him. I've probably heard atleast 35 songs by him too. His songs actually have purposes and don't have random shtein in there just to make it rhyme, they all go along with the main idea and shtein.

Although in some of his songs the chorus is awful to listen to. You'll hear it once and never want to hear it again, unforunately it'll be on two more times in the song.

Sgt PSN

I've been listening to Tech for a few years now.  I heard him when he was coming up in KC. 

Dillen

Good shtein. Before about October, I only heard two songs for about two years and I thought they were really good. Then I realized I'm a dumbass and should actually see if I like him. Yeah, he definitely kicks ass.

ice grillin you

most of yous wont know what these records are but i dropped $70 worth on these re-issues today.....recognize

stezo 'crazy noise' - classic
grand daddy iu 'smooth assasin' - way ahead of its time...if you like mf doom this was him before he was...ummmm...him
just ice 'kool and deadly' - this and schooly d set off the gangsta rap era
mantronix 'musical madness' - 1985.....more ahead of its time than anyone not named rakim
t la rock 'lyrical king....' t la rock....I have nothing to contribute
jvc force 'doin damage'......this shtein was hard to get when it was released...any hip-hop fan that doesnt cop this now should sell their soul
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Ah man much love for those records, I love Just Ice, he was KRS-One's gangster side kick way back.

mussa

Anyone watch the White Rapper Show on VH1? Pathetic.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Quasimoto

Quote from: mussa on February 03, 2007, 02:34:16 PM
Anyone watch the White Rapper Show on VH1? Pathetic.

That is the worst show I have ever seen.   It's just so awful.

phillymic2000

I watched the first one, and couldn't stand it, especially the way the dude went out, "I've got nothing, thats not the way I work."