Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

actually kind of happy for mexico....farg jurgen and farg this country
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

they played really well in the second half.   tough loss but wood and pulicic are the real deal.

MDS

they played really well but gave up a gross goal with a few minutes left. ok.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Nothing you can do about that goal. It's one of those perfect shots that you just got to shake your head at.

Wood looks really good out there. I liked his energy, his runs without the ball. I think they're playing well.

Mexico played sloppy (what's new).

This rivalry will get more intense as these next couple of years go by.

Good match, could have gone either way.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

The biggest takeaway was the show of unity before the match.  To me that's worth more than any result. 

hbionic

Unity amongst the fans? According to the Politico IGY, any true-blooded american would not waste any moments of their time watching soccer...so...they must have all been liberals...who are united to begin with.

Unless you were talking about U.S. and Mexican fans...then its kind of the same. The Mexican fans know the liberal fans aren't the ones going to be building that wall.

Rome

No the players all lined up before the match arm in arm.

hbionic

Didn't watch kickoff. That's cool. I'll look it up.

Hope?

Rome

smeags

trump is trying to deport the us team.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on November 14, 2016, 11:41:06 AM
According to the Politico IGY, any true-blooded american would not waste any moments of their time watching soccer

scarf wearing bros spend their whole life watching soccer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Finally got the internet connection working at the doomsday bunker?

ice grillin you

yeah it took a while...i was numb and dead to the world for three days.....then drunk for the last five trying to forget everything or therapeuticly talking about it with family...think ive made it to the other side tho...

Rome

I know we make fun of soccer fans around here but I'm not kidding you when I say how nice it was to be around a hundred-plus people who despise what Trump represents.  I told my wife that we really seriously need to consider getting the hell out of this redneck shteinhole and back to a place where liberals won't have to walk around with giant L's on their clothing.

ice grillin you

yeah i went home thursday nite and stayed thru the weekend for the game....walked with a couple marches thru center city then just went drinking and everywhere i went it was 100% anti trump talk....even in the couple of blue collarish type white bars i went...it helped so much hearing that even if i wasnt actively talking to someone about it...kind of like the political version of making sure you are in an eagle bar after games in case they lose....because you always want to be around people who get how you are feeling

my dad told me last week if nothing else you know you live a super blue part of the country...you also know you will never live anywhere else and you can visit red states if and when you want...hasnt really helped even if i know its true